Mods!

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Lancer7, Oct 11, 2011.

1. Lancer7

Lancer7 Member

Right guys, im having problems finding out what I want to do mod next. Something no one has done, I love it when people get in my car and say Aww thats deadly. I need ideas on little mods that are cheap and easy to do. HELP ME PLEASE!

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

You could do a little trunk lip wing or something.

3. Lancer7

Lancer7 Member

I have a spoiler already if thats what your talking about Lance :p

4. slickdevil08

slickdevil08 Well-Known Member

you could do what they call a vortex generator lol

5. Lancer7

Lancer7 Member

I have one ordered already :)

6. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

I swear on all things holy you better be kidding about the "vortex generator." If you're not kidding, then do us all a favor and cancel the order IMMEDIATELY! Not only is a waste of money, it's not even proven to work. Real performance mods cost money. Putting a piece of aluminum that is cut to resemble something from Saw V isn't a performance mod.

Sorry, don't mean to flame. But when in doubt.....always, always, ALWAYS, check on Google...especially if it's a generic piece of crap like that on eBay, this way you save yourself the ridicule.

7. slickdevil08

lol who says he is going for all power? maybe he wants some appearence mods which the vortex generator would give him the evo style look and would look good imo

8. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

I think you're coming off a bit harsh and judgmental.

Vortex generators are supposed to improve the aerodynamics of the car, but only at high speeds, usually 100 mph or more. Race cars and air planes use them, but you're not likely to get any benefit from putting one on a Lancer. Performance wise, it's probably not worth the money. But if you want it for the looks, then by all means go for it.

I'm with Slick on this one. Like I said, it doesn't have to be about performance in this case. Vortex generators can look good on Lancers, and that's enough to warrant the money. It wouldn't be a waste and I don't think anybody is going to ridicule him for making a cosmetic mod to his car. Certainly nobody here should.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2011
  9. Lancer7

Lancer7 Member

Well looks at it this way, the real carbon fibre one is like € 300, the black one im getting is €120. Its not a performance mod. Just for show. It looks great and ive seen only one on the roads here and I think its well worth the money. Slick and Helix are bang on the money with what they are saying.

10. slickdevil08

ty good sir :)

another comment towards ya man. its your car whatever makes you happy do to the car. f da haters

11. 1slowlance

I have one, and I like it still. I think they look kinda spiffy and don't see too many around. Not everything is about performance all the time.

12. bakwoods

bakwoods Guest

Oooooh your referring to the splitter. See whenever I hear "vortex generator" I automatically assume people are referring to http://cgi.ebay.com.my/Air-Intake-cyclone-fuel-saver-vortex-generator-/270631573651

That was the thing I meant by "putting a piece of aluminum that is cut to resemble something from Saw V" I had no idea you meant the wind splitter thingy. In my defence....there was no picture or link included...you can't blame me for coming to the conclusion.

13. Helix

Helix Wants Recaros

It was all a big misunderstanding lol.

What the heck is that thing anyway? "Air intake cyclone fuel saver vortex generator"? Haha it's goes on the intake?

14. 1slowlance

I've heard of them before. I believe it's supposed to create a cyclone of the air the intake is sucking in and improve mpg's. Lol.

15. slickdevil08

its wat a noob would hold up and say check out my new turbo hahahaha