Legal Drag Racing.

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by bras_33, Aug 14, 2007.

1. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I am not sure if anyone has done drag racing on a real 1320 but I did :D . I wasnt sure if it was worth mentioning but what the hey. This past weekend some friends of mine went to California Speedway (nascar is done here also)to do some drag racing. My guys have 2g eclipses, 4 out of the 5 are GST and 1 was a GSX. They did high 13s and low 14s. Of course honduhs were out there with there annoying rice and did mostly 15-16. As the day got hotter, the crowd started leaving. My buddy was done and ask if anyone wanted to try it. I did not want to at first bcuz it is not my car. After he called me out, I had to man up. I was scared. I even did the brian o'conner thing and try and psyche myself out, lol. I skipped the burnout bcuz it is a gsx, staged and waited for the tree to hit green. He said launch at 5k and shift at 7k. No prob, @$$ got tight and green...MAN what a feeling, its real different than street racing. He did consistant 13.8,13.9 in 5 runs. I did 2 runs, 14.9 and 14.1, and my r/t was 4.3 and 3.3. At least, I can say I did it. If you get the chance, try it. you will kick yourself if you dont. Just make sure its legal.

2. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

put ur Lancer to the test!

3. bras_33

kinda already know the outcome its still stock.

4. LancerGTS

so what dun mean its a bad car get some slips!

5. bras_33

I will, to do a comparison from stock to the aftermarket products.

6. LancerGTS

yeah bring us some slips~!