Launching our 4b11?? 5speed

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by FinestGTS, Jan 13, 2008.

1. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

Hey guys, for us with the 5speed. What are good tips on launching our cars.

I just went to my old job on this straight away by the docks and tried praticing but god am i horrible :).

I need some tips before i go and spend money at the track to imbarrase my self with some horrible launches :(.

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

3k. anymore, all that torque :D you will get mad wheel hop. But I havent done it on the strip in my 08 and this was done in a parking lot, during the day. Thats my experience with that. 5speed FTMFW :twisted:

3. FinestGTS

you you rev to 3k and leave it there and slip the clutch?

4. bras_33

/\ "POP" the clutch and gas, it catches real good like that.

5. FinestGTS

u mean u drop it? if not was is popping the clucth?

widh i could get some first hand training lol

6. bras_33

"POP", "DROP" are the same thing. Good luck

7. FinestGTS

when i drop, i get way to much wheel hop even at about 2.5k and it just blows :(

8. bras_33

I get that at 4k.

9. FinestGTS

what i did today that i got some success out of was :

I rev it to about 2.5k to 3k and i slipped the clutch a lil for teh car to start movin pulled teh ebrake a tad to whole teh car then let go of hand brake and wot and my baby was OUT! lol

10. Fokado

Fokado Member

Rev to the point at which you get the most torque (look at a bunch of 5 speed dynos) and dump the clutch, easy.

11. FinestGTS

my experience so far is dumpin the clutch is a big no go.

I way rather slip.

Thanks for the comments guys

12. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

any one have any hints for a cvt

13. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

i got 5 speed 3k has been working for me ill do a video for u tomorrow if it doesnt snow or rain

14. bras_33

YUP get a 5speed

15. evoracer

evoracer Well-Known Member

^ agreed

16. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

yea i wish is it possible to take a 5 speed trani out of a totaled lancer and swap mine out

17. AntonygTs

AntonygTs Well-Known Member

slippin the cluth at that rpm wears your clutch down alot i wouldnt reccomend doin that

18. Fokado

Fokado Member

Push the brake down as far as you can, then press all the way down on the gas, this will activate the torque converter allowing you to create torque in much the same way revving the engine in a 5spd would, then just let off the brake when you're ready to go. Also, don't do this for more than a second or two or you can overheat your tranny fluid, causing complications. Other than that its not really that bad for your car (better than neutral dropping by 1000x), your torque converter won't last as long but don't expect any huge problems.

19. Fokado

Fokado Member

Slipping the clutch while revving the engine just further damages your clutch, very bad idea. Trust me, dumping is the only way to go, just practice and you'll get the hang of it.

20. lancermike

lancermike Well-Known Member

wait whats this about dumping and slipping sorry this isnt mike its his friend and i just wanna know