Lancer 2009 Head/cam question

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by braindead, Nov 2, 2008.

1. braindead

braindead Active Member

Has anyony one put a set of aftermarket cams in their 09 GTS? I have been modding my 09 GTS and now I am looking to get myself a set of aftermarket cams. I was wondering since I have been having bad luck at finding any cams for the 2.4 I was wondering if the head from the 2.0 was the same as that on the 2.4, refering to the mivec models of course. If they are I am wondering if the aftermarket cams for the 2.0 would work in the 2.4 to maybe give this car alittle more top end.
    Thanks in advance for any help
    Mike

2. chileanpride06

chileanpride06 Well-Known Member

well there arent any cams for the 2.0 either, i know there was a forum though talking about putting the evo cams in the 2.0s but you need to get a lift to,..

3. MonChi

MonChi Well-Known Member

i haven't seen anything for the lancers yet cam wise but their are some good size cam dealers that will make a cam for at what ever specs you give but their lies the promblem for these cars you need some good knowledge of this car and cams so you get give a good spec to them but it will be trail and error kind of thing though i believe crane cams do custom cams if not you can google it and find some one plus they could give you a good suggestion for a mild cam spec.
    try www.kennedysdynotune.com u could give them a call they have a good check list for a custom cam grinding and they can help help with new specs as long as you have they original spec which should be easy to get.