Interest Thread: Street Unit Engine Mounts

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by eKtor, Jan 22, 2008.

1. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Hello!

I have been relating with Street Unit a lot lately... I dont know if you guys have noticed, but they were the hosts of the Florida"No Snow" Cruise. Which was a huge success! you guys should check out the pictures and such from the event...

They are a huge respectable company known mainly in the mazda world. They retail parts for all the brands, and they have their own parts as well. In the past few years, they have been known for the excellent quality, fast and awesome service, and unbeatable prices...
    This past saturday, i had the privilege to sit down and have dinner with the owner of Street Unit.... He is an awesome guy and he is all about helping car enthusiasts like us.. I talked about our cars and about the big demand for parts and little answer from aftermarket manufacturers. Although we are very happy with what we have already from RRM, SpeedCorps, Injen, WORKS and others manufacturers, I think that all of you guys agree with me: we need and want more parts for our cars!

One of their famous parts are the engine mounts... they make an awesome engine mount for several cars, and the owner is positive about building one for our cars! we only need one to feel a performance change, and that one can be manufactured by them.. here is a picture of the one for a mazdaspeed3:
    [​IMG]

As you can see its a billet solid aluminum mount with a solid bushing

The owner of Street Unit would be more than happy to make them for our lancers... this would help for the following:

- Eliminate Wheel Hop
    - Torque Recover from the drivetrain
    - Torque Response

The installation is really quick.. with the correct tools, it shouldn't take over an hour... The price should be anywhere from 100-130... and it would be a mod that you would really feel the difference...
    Remember, this is not even produced. It takes around a month or to to have this ready, but the interest has to be shown first... if this is successful, there are many many other parts they can manufacture for us and be part of our fabulous vendors.. if you guys want to check them out to see how they work and help your decision, visit www.streetunit.com

so what do you guys thinks? would you guys be interested? sounds like an awesome plan!

*admins, if you are going to delete this, please notify first to save the info... thanx!

2. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Bump?

3. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Might be getting the RA in a year so no thanks Hector.

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

This wouldnt be only for the 08 lancer... its for the lancer in general...

5. JDM FLOW

Then sure I'll be interested once I get the money.

6. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

id be interested when its available.

7. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Thanks guys

1. Flow
    2. Lancered

8. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

Add me to the list as well :D

9. HomieG

HomieG Well-Known Member

def down for that!

10. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

1. Flow
    2. Lancered
    3. Hydrolikz
    4. HomieG

thanx guys

11. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

some of you guys are not relizing that alot of parts form the evo and gts will fit the RA.

If i get either the RA or EVO im putting my RRM pully on it for testing to see if any improvements.

Also i belive the short shifter will also work on the GSR 5speed.

engine mounts should be the same and other minor things.

12. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

tell your friend ill do that to. i have been thinking about things like that. i e polyurothenie bushings, i think thats what it is

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Yes... it would be an awesome performance upgrade

so finest, are you in?

14. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

1. Flow
    2. Lancered
    3. Hydrolikz
    4. HomieG
    5. redline1
    6. FinestGTS - ?

15. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

1. Flow
    2. Lancered
    3. Hydrolikz
    4. HomieG
    5. redline1
    6. FinestGTS

16. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

Count me in :D

17. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

depending on final cost...I'd be interested. I"m kind of iffy with cf on certain color cars.. deff keep us posted hector

18. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

What are you talking about CF? :?

about the price and more info, it only depends on the amount of people that i get... if i can get around 20 people, im estimating the price could be like $120 shipped... thats guesstimating... i just need people for it...

19. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

20. JDM FLOW

That even a word?