INJEN CAI DYNO'D

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by bras_33, Nov 24, 2007.

1. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Ok boys and girls, check it:

with the Super Stainless Exhaust System (Super SES):

injendynoses.jpg

with the CAI:

injendynocai.jpg

According to Injen, the CAI is 10 hp.

the Super SES is also 10 hp.

The CAI combine w/the Super SES on a Lancer CVT is about 18 h.p.

2. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

FTW!

3. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

not bad late nov right :?:

4. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

thanks for the dynos man.

I actually got a reserve already for the Super SES. The shop I was suppose to get my exhaust at gave me two choices. So now I just got to wait on this.

and that CAI I just can't get it. Cause CAI has a bad rep here on Guam. Not performance wise. But because the weather here is either it's sunny, or just rains like crazy. And when it rains, it rains hard. And rain is not once in a while. and the roads suck cause we don't have to much sewers.

i love the gains with the injen CAI, but I don't want to risk my car. And even with the water shield, there has been a lot of reports here of damaged engines with the CAI system. :(

So for now, I guess I just have to stick with the RRM SRI

5. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I wonder how much of the dynos is fact....a company will do anything to sell a product...its the matter of tricking you into it....I'm not sayin this isn't true...but some companies tend to exaderate

6. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

true... but I gotta say INJEN has put up real facts in the past. I would say it's those up and coming companies that really do exaderate a little. IMO

7. bras_33

*exaggerate

I agree also but this is the info I was given. Until the product comes out and dyno'd by the consumer, this is a guideline of what is given. Or the perf magazines does a product test, we wont really know until then.

8. Solsonic

Solsonic Well-Known Member

Nice, thanks for those Alvin!

9. bras_33

Not a problem, now you have something to look forward too!!!

10. WillieetheOne

WillieetheOne Well-Known Member

Hey INJEN if your readin end one my way and ill pay for all the dynos and post them on here foorrr sureee. I cant wait until someone actually posts after install.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

Hey guys these r my dyno results. It was all done on Weds b4 Thanksgiving. I didnt waist my entire day there removing parts and replacing with oem and then back to aftermarket for my health. I have know these guys for over 7 years now and i use there dyno facility quite often.

I know u can be specticual, but seriously a well proven company who specializes in exhausts and intakes why would they lie. This is there bread and butter. They dont offer anything else. That would be a death wish to put up false claims.

Any ways bras_33 did me the favor to post these since my crapy scanner isnt working. So thanks brudda.

12. chetman7

chetman7 Well-Known Member

I remember wen RRM said their SRI would take a second off ur 0-60.

13. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

so does injen have an exhaust coming out as well?

14. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

HI,

Im having a hard time understanding the set-ups here.... are you saying that the first dyno is just with the exhaust and nothing else, and the second dyno is just with the CIA and nothing else?

If thats the case, did you happen to get a dyno with both at the same time?

Also, since this is in Cali, what engine is on this car, the 152hp or the lower PZEV 143hp type ?

15. chago

chago Active Member

injen exhaust?

is that a new exhaust coming out for the lancer or that is the universal ?

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Dynos are for each product.

Lancered: yes on the exhaust

For both I do have and I thought I gave it to Alvin, but I guess not. I will find it. Should be in the car.

17. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

awesome,im definietly getting these products once theyre officially for sale

18. bras_33

It is for the pzev and its from the cvt. Imagine a bit more hp for the 5speed.

The exhaust is a cat-back and lancer specific.

19. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Cool man, I have been putting off buying RRM products till other companies put something out. Its nice to see some actual dynos for products so we can see the gains. Thanks for taking the time to do all this testing, it helps us all see the performance gains and helps us make our purchasing decisions easier!

BTW, how does the ingen exhaust sound? are you happy with the tone/noise level?

Thanks for the clearification on that. I have the regular 152hp cvt... if I end up purchasing these products,(which I am planning on doing) I will try to take my car in for some dyno testing aswell, so we can see any differences between the models. I just got to wait for these products to hit the market, then also find a local shop that has a dyno machine.

20. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

its now late november, i want new intake :oops: :bounce: