Impact gun/wrench. Whatever it's called.

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by OhMeOhMy, Dec 3, 2007.

1. OhMeOhMy

OhMeOhMy Active Member

Hello all. I'm looking into buying one of these under $100. I want it to be cordless because I don't have the air pressure machines. How much of a torque power do I need and any recommendations?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

anything above a 14.4 should do just fine. You can get an air compressor for about $200 and sometimes comes with a few tools like an impact gun, air ratchet and such. I think you may have to get the hoses separetly.

3. OhMeOhMy

OhMeOhMy Active Member

Do you know any good one or recommend one? 200 is too much.

4. bras_33

auotzone, kragen, home depot, lowes usually have some on sale. wrenching and tuning does not come cheap. I am a big believer of you get what you pay for, butt thats me.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

^I get what bras_33 buys me(22mm socket)! LOL! Ty buddy.

I dont ohmeohmy, I have over $15k of tools and I still finding myself needing more. Like Bras_33 said you go cheap you get cheap and then stuff breaks.

6. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

a yes the famous 22mm socket...had problems finding that in local car parts store.....i wonder why :roll:

7. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

Milwakee makes some nice cordless impact guns, but the kit will be at least $300. I agree with the others, don't go cheap, buy something decent that will last.

8. bras_33

With wrenching, your best friends are: an impact gun, mitsubishi tool xp 5000 (rubber mallet), zip ties and duct tape...If you cant fix it with zip ties or duct tape, its really broken, lol :D

9. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

then its bondo and chicken wire time, that or try the colored duct tape :)

10. tatsujo

tatsujo Well-Known Member

You can try the Good Year 24v cordless impact wrench. It's just about 100 and read some good and bad stories about it. If you are local in Cali I'm sure there are a couple guys down here that can help you with whatever you need it for. i.e. pulley?

11. OhMeOhMy

OhMeOhMy Active Member