"how can i go faster?" - said this kid.

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Evolve, Jan 28, 2008.

1. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

2. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

sometimes even the fine advice from forums can't keep retards from driving fast and putting their friends in danger.....

3. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

kind a sad to hear what happens....
    I know how that guy feels cuz at once I was also at his age and made a lot of driving mistake...and I learned from them...

Doesn't this remind you about another LT member asking some advise about his seatbelt or something bout not wearing...

4. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

This reminds me of alot of posts here and around other sites.

The seatbelt one came to mind also because as far as i remember reading at least 2 friends got ejected from the car. But since ALL the kids died, i can't say "seatbelts save lives" because obviously some did. and still didnt survive.

I did stupid shit in my "hand-me-down" Honda Accord my parents gave me back in High school. It's what we LEARN from shit like this that shows maturity and growth. THis kid that took his dad's bimmer had no maturity at all and it cost him

5. GTS-SB

GTS-SB Well-Known Member

truly sad news of that kid, it also made me think of that dork that was annoyed by the "ding" from the seatbelt. hopefully he takes a look at this post.

6. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

dude you wanna know something funny?

This particular story has seen MANY forums already (not even car forums either, for example my music forums posted this story) and EVERY SINGLE thread has comments left and right. (Some are pissed, some say it's his own fault, some blame the dad)

and here in LT i have almost 70 views and only you and i are talking.

that says there are alot of guilty-consciences around here. funny as hell if you ask me. very funny

7. pimpinfern

pimpinfern Well-Known Member

personally i think the kid was a dumbass, just makes the rest of us young drivers look bad, personally im 17, i admit to not legally owning the car and that my mom owns it but she says its my car and im the only one that drives it, i make the payments

8. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

some of us can thank our lucky-stars to have such nice parents. :D

some guys i know didn't have their parents help them with shit. at all.

I'm not trying to say all kid's who drive, are retards. just the ones that want to go "faster" and have no clue wtf they're doing.

9. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I blame the parents for giving a performance machine to someone so young. Stuff like this bothers the hell out of me. Kids like that always have big mouths bcuz of machines like that, I try to intimidate them by putting up cash, then when I find out how old they are, I simply say no. Just to the fact of there ignorance and being so naive.

10. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

you can even look at the retarded posts he made in the M5 forums to see how much of a retard he was. if his dad knew he was asking how to hit +100 mph with no problems he woulda taken the car away. But he didn't, im guessing his dad was SUPER fuckin Naive (my son won't crash my car) or he honestly thought he had himself a very mature 17 year old.

11. bras_33

Hopefully the young thundercats on this forum will read this and realize a license and driving is a priviledge. Also be grateful for letting there parents give him/her a car, regardless if its a M5 or a GTS. This will be an ongoing discussion.

12. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

I hope so.

Cuz i know most kids would agree that they'd rather die alone then take 4 of their BEST FRIENDS with them.

13. bras_33

/\ I am going to link this to the South/Southwest forum.

14. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

went from :D :arrow: :( in seconds ... to think that this happens every day on forums on the net. young drivers not taking advice of some one older and more experienced.just listen sometimes ... it could save your life. There is a fine line between cocky and then just stupid. Know when to give it up.

15. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

quoted for truth.

and this post is what bugged me the most:
    The kid: The problem is when I'm going pedal to the metal pushing 140 and upshifting, there tends to be thud noise with the gear change. Let me say I am beginner when it comes to high performance cars as I am only 18 so take it easy on me.

he's new to life, new to cars, and he's pushing 140+ likes it's no big deal.

16. prcdslnc13

prcdslnc13 Well-Known Member

this is nuts. yea I did stupid crap at 18. I also had a 4x4 truck and did my stupid crap in fields with snow on them. Not to many ways to kill your self there. Its sad he died but 500hp + 140+mph + 18yrs + testosterone=catastrophe hands down. I hope his friends that were not with him learned from it, Im sure he wasnt the only doing this crap

17. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

This is sad indeed, I know where he is coming from though. The car I wanted more than anything in the first place was an EVO 9, but my dad being how he is decided that an evo would be a terrible choice as a first car, and I understand that. Too much car for too little driving experience and with No lessons of the road prior to that. I am actually Very happy that I didn't have an evo as a first car, because I probably would have ended up in a similar situation :?

18. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

i dont' expect eveyone to read the article word for word but im sorry to report that thsi kid KILLED his freinds that were in the car. ALL 5 of these kids died in this accident. at least 2 were ejected immediately. :(

19. Guest

Guest Guest

I have to agree with BRAS_33. I would personally start with the parents. They need a good ass beatn.
    Just because you have money doesnt mean you have the right to be ignorant to the obvious.
    Just goes to show how little the parents were involved in his life.

20. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

lucky kid to have an M5...my first car was a minivan and got it in a little fender bender and I my parents were furious...
    wonder how that kids parent reacted, they cant they say their sad about what happen, kind their fault for giving him a car like that.