hid problem 09 gts

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by jorgeous8, Aug 28, 2009.

1. jorgeous8

jorgeous8 Active Member

I just bought a 55w 8000k from ddm tuning. My problem is When my car is moving already the headlight won't turn on and even if i park my car it won't turn on. then what i did is turn off the engine of my car and take out the keys in it. then turn on again my car. then the headlight works! i dont know what should i do. anybody help me please? thanks so much.

2. JDMFanatik

JDMFanatik Well-Known Member

that was a common problem with ddm hids i think. i bought a DRL bypass harness from a member (jrox) over at projectlancer which fixes that problem. that harness just disables the DRL and you can turn on/off the headlights whenever youre driving.

3. jRox

jRox Well-Known Member

^Thanks for the recommending my product. :D

You are able to turn on your HIDs by turning ON your LOW BEAMS before you start the car because you are fully-powering the HID kit before the DRL signal turns ON. If you're car is ON and you turn off your LOW BEAMS, the Daytime Running Lights will automatically turn ON. Because the DRL's basically run at a lower voltage, your HID's aren't getting the right amount of power to turn ON. Thus, your ballast either shuts off, or does not create enough power through the bulbs, and causes it to flicker. Now this flicker might not be visible to the eye, but regardless, the DRL's are still causing damage to your HID kit.

I hope that makes sense. Nevertheless, the important thing is that my DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness will solve your issue.

The DRL Bypass w/ Relay Harness will simply eliminate the DRL's. Therefore, no flickering is present when running HID's. It is completely Plug & Play and requires no splicing whatsoever with the OEM wiring, thus saving you from any warranty issues and/or headaches. With the bypass properly installed, all lights will assume normal function:

Position 0 - All lights OFF, DRL's OFF
    Position 1 - Parking lights ON, DRL's OFF
    Position 2 - Low beams ON, Parking lights ON

If you'd like to purchase a set, please reply this PM with your PayPal email login so I can send an invoice your way. Then you'll be able to make the payment. As soon as your payment clears, I will ship out via USPS First Class Mail with Tracking & Confirmation.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. Thanks! :D