HELP!! IF ANY!

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Rob, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Rob

Rob Active Member

Whats going on everyone? Hope everyone is doin well,

Okay. I am in a bit of a dilemma. I traded in my 2003 G35 Coupe for the 2008 Lancer GTS last october. It has been a year into the lease with the 08 GTS. However, I really want out of this lease and into a new one. Heres the thing, when I traded in my G35 there was $6,000 negative equity ( I was upside-down 6 grand) Mitsubishi flopped those payments onto the new 5 year lease of the Mitsubishi. Is there any way I can get out of this lease, I am looking to go Euro with the 06 325i?? Please feedback., options...
    Thankss a lot
    ---Rob

2. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

hmm, i know nothing about leasing, sounds like you could cancel it and still be negative on your cars equity, but you would probably run into some expensive fee's for doing so. Best suggestion may be to consult the dealer selling the car, or your bank if it could be factored into the loan if your purchasing the bmw.

3. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

Since you were on the negative when you did the trade that will be carried forward on this lease. 2 things can happend, you can get out of the lease and pay a hefty fee for breaking the lease, on top of that they will charge you the negative you came in with. #2, stick with it and pay it until you are out of the lease, either way you still have to pay that negative. Don't forget that the easy way out is going to break your bank and your credit. Sorry

4. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

y would u get ride of ur G35 for a lancer in the first place im curious :?

5. LancerGTS

LancerGTS Well-Known Member

the only thing i would recommend if you really wanna get out of ur lancer your gonna have to go into another mitsu and thats where they will make a deal with you for it, if you stay within that company most the time they dont mind it, go to another company and u might as well go on all fours cuzz ur gonna get F*$#$%

6. Rob

Rob Active Member

I got rid of it because of a stupid regretful reason and that was gas prices were high last year didnt expect them to fall, the oil change was 90 bucks, tires every years 1400 bucks, etc. I do regret it tho i really do. Also I am in business school and the Lancer is a lot more cost friendly.

7. Rob

Rob Active Member

yea a lot of people are telling me stick it out and wait a little while but I just can't. The lancer is great its just that the power is not there like the G35. Nevertheless, I am willing to put $6000 down onto whatever car I get into (prefably the 325i) but I still dont think that will change much. I figured with the economy the way it is dealers would be throwign cars at you lol. I was going to do one of those take over my lease ads but no one wants a car with negative equity =(.... ahh i sure do miss her.....=/ haha Anyway Thanks a lot for all your help.

Rob

8. Jay

Jay Well-Known Member

Eh rob, you can try to get someone to take over the lease if you cant get out of it entirely. If you're Canadian go to http://www.leasebusters.com/

they match you with people who are looking to take over a lease of your car.

9. kingklay

kingklay Well-Known Member

I feel for you huge!! I did the exact same thing you did. I had an 03 350z and traded for 09 lancer gts. I thought it would be more practical having the back seat, better on gas etc... kicking myself everytime i see and hear the power of that beautiful car drive by. :crybaby:
    Your not alone......lol