getting new desktop which one to get

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by RALLIART, May 20, 2008.

Which Desktop to get

1. Dell XPS 420 As customized $1399.00

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. HP Pavilion Elite d5000z ATX As customized 1319.00

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

Which desktop to get? NOTE BOTH have been customized to max performance. *Please dont look at the support side of the companies i dont care about that, focus on performance.

MY BUDGET IS 1400.00

DELL XPS 420 1399.00

PROCESSOR Intel® Core™ 2 Duo Processor E8400 (6MB L2 Cache,3.0GHz,1333FSB) edit
    OPERATING SYSTEM Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium with Digital Cable Support edit
    MEMORY 4GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 667MHz - 4 DIMMs edit
    HARD DRIVE 320GB - 7200RPM, SATA 3.0Gb/s, 16MB Cache edit
    OPTICAL DRIVE Single Drive: Blu-ray Disc Drive (BD/DVD/CD burner w/double layer BD write edit
    MONITORS No Monitor edit
    VIDEO CARD ATI Radeon HD3870 512MB GDDR4 edit
    SOUND CARD Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio edit
    SPEAKERS No speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system) edit
    KEYBOARD Dell USB Keyboard edit
    MOUSE Dell Optical USB Mouse edit
    FLOPPY & MEDIA READER No Floppy Drive or Media Reader Included edit
    MODEM No Modem Requested

HP PAVILION 1319.00

Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
    – AMD Phenom(TM) 9600 quad-core processor (2.3GHz)
    – 4GB DDR2-800MHz dual channel SDRAM (4x1024)
    – 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8500GT, TV-out, DVI-I, HDMI
    – No Modem
    – FREE UPGRADE to 750GB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 500GB
    – Blu-ray writer / HD DVD player & Lightscribe SuperMulti DVD burner
    – 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB, 1394, audio
    – No TV Tuner w/remote control
    – Integrated 7.1 channel sound w/front audio ports
    – Norton Internet Security(TM) 2008 - 15 month
    - FREE PRINTER ( 70 dollar value )
    – Microsoft(R) Works 9.0
    – HP keyboard and HP optical mouse
    – HP Home & Home Office Store in-box envelope

2. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

it really depends on what you want it for.. i am a gamer, and non of these 2 computer would be useful for me because of the video cards... i think that is way to much money to pay for a computer... there is always a friend that knows about computers that can help you build one yourself... if you dont care about warranties and all that crap, thats the way to go... also, vista sucks donkey canuk IMO... its a really heavy operating system (uses almost half a gig of ram in just idle... )

again it all depends in what you want... i didnt want completely build one from scratch so i did some research and found a $400 hp tower in best buy with a decent processor and mother board... i bought 2 more gigs of ddr2 ram, an nvidia 8800gt and a good power supply, plys a 21 inch LCD monitor, and i still didnt spend $1400

now if you are lazy and dont wanna deal with changing stuff (which is VERY easy.. if you know how to put gas in your car, you know how to change computer parts :D) but if you dont wanna deal with it, well i guess i would choose the HP..... and i would still change the garbage 8500gt lol...

3. RALLIART

no games here man, i have ps3 for that, this will be more for creating movies, and cd's

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

well i guess that those vid cards are ok for you... still wouldnt pay that about of money for a PC... now for a mac.............. :D

ive been a mac user for the past 4 years.. i have both... and for movie or music edition/creation, mac has no competition at all.. now that would be hard to get with 1400$ lol

again, if you dont wanna save money and build it or mod a low spec one, i'd go with the hp...

5. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

Dude...build your own computer. It isn't hard and if you have having problems, go to Fry's or newegg.com and ask for help. You'll save money and you can upgrade it without having big problems.

6. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

yep.. newegg ftw...

did you locked this jake?

7. RALLIART

yep i locked it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.