Frickn bumbed out!

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by Guest, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Way off the subject of cars.

Im an aquatics hobbiest and my wifes tank is getn out of control with major grn hair alergy. with a touch of red slim on the rock.gggrrrr!

My fresh water R.O.D.I system that I use took a shit. So all the water I filtered and used to mix all my salt is no good and has contaminated my tanks.

I stand to lose over $30K in live stock. Im so pissed.

2. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

We seem to have alot in common. I have been running Nano tanks for awile now.

That really sucks about the HA and red slime. The red slime is tough but not impossiable. HA is damn near impossiable to get rid of. What are the specs to you tank and maybe I can help with some suggestions.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Ur right about the red slim. Thats a breeze. The HA- just plain out F**K!!!
    It all happened like all this week and massively. no wait last week yeah cuz thats when I did my water change.

Hers is only 125g and mine is 580g but is no worries cuz it is just cycling with no livestock but live rock in it. All my levels r sweet right now and all my dosing is good. So I will do a 30% water change with some Catalina Water from a buddy of mine that wholesales it.

Hers I have to scrap what I can off and add a shit load of turbo snails and hermits. I have a lot of luck with blue legs. Her refugium is kickn ass. so thats not in harm luckly.

So yeah any frickn help and or advise would be gr8!

4. Prophet

Yeah you are going to want to do a larger water change to try to get out alot of that phosphates out. When you scrap what I do is try to suck it out at the same time that way you don't spread it out. Turbo snails are great. I have also used a Tuxedo urchin and a Blenny. Crabs I haven't had much luck with them. It is a very long and tedious process one you get HA but it is possiable to get rid of it. My experience is with mostly Nano's so things go south real quick so I have tried everything but what works for one tank doesn't mean it will work for the other. Good luck and do you have any pictures?

5. Prophet

Are you running a skimmer too?

6. Guest

Guest Guest

i will take some pics. Yeah I have a protein skimmer a bermuda in hers and a G2 in mine.