fogged up headlight

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by timschoeliertm, Jan 27, 2010.

1. timschoeliertm

timschoeliertm Well-Known Member

my passenger side headlight is full of moisture, my friend said to take it out and blow it with a hair dryer, i was wondering if this would work or if anybody has any idea of how to make it stop, its a 7 gen so i cant take apart my headlight

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Your new black ones? And, I'm pretty sure there's a way to take our headlights apart. I'm not positive. I'll ask someone on another forum for you...if I remember. :D

3. ChadD_OZ

ChadD_OZ Well-Known Member

i took a blow dryer to mine. it worked pretty good. but doesnt get all the moisture. but if you take the headlight and slap it in the oven at 350 degrees for 5 mins, itll soften up the glue and you can pry it open. clean it out. paint it. do whatever. then put it all back together. back in the oven for 5 mins. this will resoften the glue then take it out and push it together to reseal it.

4. timschoeliertm

i thought you couldnt take 7gs headlights apart? and my entire lens is covered in mosture, so as long as it works a little it workes enough haha

5. ChadD_OZ

ChadD_OZ Well-Known Member

they come apart. you just have to warm up the glue apoxy shit holding the lens and housing together. yeah i changed my turn signal and didnt seat the bulb properly. i woke up one rainy morning and my headlight was fucked. lol. blow dryer will work fine. just make sure you take out all the bulbs lol. i cracked one bc i left it in

6. timschoeliertm

alright, i wish i had a day off to do it, my next day off is ganna be a busy day

7. 1slowlance

You didn't answer!!!! Is it your new black ones? If so, that would suck. And, also, what ChadD said, don't forget to take out the bulbs. It would be really bad if you left them in. Broken glass ftl.

8. timschoeliertm

oh yeah my bad, it is my new black ones, its only doing it in one of them though, its weird

9. Nemo420

Nemo420 Well-Known Member

might have a crack in them or the bulb is not sitting correctlly

10. 1slowlance

Correct. I would first look at the bulbs, just because they're brand new headlight housings. I mean, I'm not saying it's not possible, but it just seems unlikely. Check it just to be sure, but I would go check the bulbs first.

11. timschoeliertm

its not a crack, its not getting worse its staying the same. but ill check the bulds tomorrow morning, good idea, now if it is the bulb, will the water and shit go away by itself? or do i still have to get rid of it myself?

12. 1slowlance

No, you'd still have to get rid of it yourself, but once you get the bulbs fixed, if it is them, then you're straight. You could probably just take out the bulbs, then stick the blow dryer in the hole and turn it on full blast for a while. Lol. Then, just make sure you put the bulbs in correctly and everything. No gaps and such.

13. timschoeliertm

the bulb thing makes sense, i was playing with them when i first got them and i didnt put one back in all the way, and my body man might not have noticed it, hopefully thats it, i feel like an idiot though haha

14. 1slowlance

It's ok. I snapped a head off of a bolt when I was installing my intake, because I was tightening it, and not loosening it. I still think about it and get pissed off at myself. So, don't sweat it. At least yours is an easier fix. Lol.

15. timschoeliertm

lol, nice. i just got back from the shop to get an allingment done, and now i have like 3 new things wrong with it, and one of them i have to go to syracuse just to get it fixed cause thats the nearest mitsu dealer around, an hour away

16. 1slowlance

I'm changing my tie rod tomorrow, because I can't get new tires without having the tie rod, and i can't get my tires balanced without new tires, and i can't get my alignment without my tires balanced. So....go me.

17. timschoeliertm

im think its my tie rods that went bad too

18. 1slowlance

Only one of mine, as far as I know. I just changed it tonight with the help of my dad. I would have been FCKD without him. It actually wasn't that hard to do. If you decide you need help, I could probably take pics and explain to you how to do it, if you don't want to pay someone too. Now, I'm going to get new tires tomorrow, then get em balanced. And then hopefully soon after this, get my alignment. Then, let the modding resume!!!!! Lol.

19. timschoeliertm

my body man said hell do it for cheap, som im just ganna let him do it. then while im up there im ganna see how much it would cost me to have him paint my rims