Evo VII + Top Gear = Hilarious and Awesome!!

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by 2k8 ES, Aug 26, 2009.

1. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Upgraded suspension, upgraded brakes, variable boost control, 500bhp, 0-60 in 3.2 sec. HELL YES!!

[youtube:1vrr16l6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sTd2wXilNg[/youtube:1vrr16l6]

[youtube:1vrr16l6]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJtW4DcN4pI[/youtube:1vrr16l6]

That poor poor car... :(

2. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah, I remember that episode...I almost cried. Funny as hell to watch though...my favorite show...

3. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Yeah I've been looking around for any reviews for the Evo X. Figured that was the best place to look since they've driven everything lol.

4. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

Yeah, they did a review late last season...i think. Clarkson was actually very impressed with it...even with the "flappy paddle" gearbox. lol

5. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

yup they had the fq400 on top gear, but the 291hp evo was a bit slower around the track then the STI

I have every top gear episode plus all the bonus shows so if anybody wants some i can share

6. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I'd like to see the non-FQ400 review lol. I watched the Australian version and the guys were complete idiots. They had some young guy in an STI do slalom then come back and for the Evo they had some old dude that couldn't drive (he forgot to put the car in drive in the start). The UK version actually has pretty even drivers and good reviews.

I honestly don't care if it's faster or whatever than an STI, I just want to know what the problems are with it from a pro's point of view. One thing they did said was it was kinda loud? I guess they took out soundproofing for weight reduction which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

7. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

When it comes to weight reduction they will do anything , on top gear they had a stripped down Ferrari and they even changed the lug nuts to lighter ones. that was only af ew grams of difference

8. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Wow... talk about weight reduction lol.

9. deesport

deesport Well-Known Member

Damn, i missed it lol. Videos are no longer avail.

10. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Weak... I'm sure you can look around and find it though. It's a pretty sweet Evo :)

11. Ranger026

Ranger026 Active Member

Yea, that was a cool vid. Did you guys see the Top Gear episode where Clarkson puts an Evo VIII up to a Lamborghini?
    [youtube:2bmkby5j]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8AMIoQUCEvY[/youtube:2bmkby5j]

Note: This was a full review done by Top Gear. So for the Lambo part just skip to 3:25.

12. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Yes, that's so retarded. I don't really like that show. They're so biased.

13. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

evo vs the lambo was sick haha just goes to show 200k doesnt beat 35k all the time haha