driving tips

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older- General Information' started by zafoam, Apr 17, 2009.

1. zafoam

zafoam Active Member

to most of you this is old news but these are some tips i have read up on to improve skills as a driver.
    feel free to tell me if something is wrong or if you have additions.
    1. two hands on the steering wheel is always more controllable
    2.when left foot is not on the clutch it should be on the dead pedal to help push you into your seat for more feel and spirited driving to hold your butt where it is.
    3. know when the power drops off and really kicks in for faster times(dyno not necessarily required but helpful)
    4.know when your clutch engages almost all new cars dont need to go the floor plus it saves a little time
    5 lighter is always better (according to a certain car mag each one hundred pounds can take almost 1/10 of a second off your times.)
    6. the best way to drive fast is know your car inside and out the more you practice with your car the better you get.
    like i said old news to most but certain things have really helped me like left foot always on dead pedal.
    what other tips do you guys know? am i wrong on any of these?

2. dao.style

dao.style Well-Known Member

Don't Drink and Drive :drunken:

3. zafoam

zafoam Active Member

you may hit a bump and spill your drink :D
    plus your car will be unhappy having to sit in the impound lot waiting for you to sober up and get bailed out. :evil: 3k limp mode here we come

4. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

^^+1 on that one...lmao

always ware your seat belt
    have rear view mirrors set correctly...theres a thread around here on the proper way of setting up ur mirrors, ill edit this post and paste the link once i fond it

5. zafoam

zafoam Active Member

oh also when sitting down flat backed the inside of your wrist should be able to touch the top of wheel without you taking your back off the seat

6. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

What does it mean if your penis can touch the wheel?? :?:

7. skullpr

hehe either ur too short and gotta sit way up front or u gotta long john...lol

8. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

your ebrake is not a toy...

9. Pickasso

Pickasso Well-Known Member

i love my ebrake =)

10. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

if u are messing around make sure it is not a busy area and pace yourself...step by step dont go for gold right away. just because you can box doesnt mean you gotta fight ali

11. Pickasso

neah .. i`m just using it in the winter .. on snow :) .. and in case of fast braking needed :D cuz i don`t wanna mess my tires .. and brakes .. :)

12. skullpr

wtf do u think ur doing to them while playing with 'em??

13. Pickasso

aaa .. wearing them out =)) .. but still .. it`s better on the snow than on the tarmac :)

14. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

dont go down bumpy road with small rocks too fast. you will get a bubble! with these low profiles atleast

15. skullpr

not only your tires...fine do it in snow, tires u can check on a daily basis, but how often do u take ur rear tires off and the break assembly to inspect ur brake shoes??i like speed as much as much as the next guy but with my experience i believe i have a bit more respect towards the way i drive nowadays, i hope u dont end up injured because u misread ur cars feedback and flipped over...

and to quote you on "it`s better on the snow than on the tarmac"...u ever seen what happens on black ice??

16. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

;ighten up bro! haha dang he was just sayin he likes to mess around in ice and that it doesnt make his tires go bald as quick and stuff... relax haha its just a thread and not a fuckin safety program every1 has that period where they drive un-safe thats how he does it and honestly i do too haha just relax you were a kid once too =)

17. Pickasso

the guys at my dealer are checking all the brakes and stuff when i take it in ... and i`m not doing that like at high speeds and stuff .. just in like empty parking lots ... and at like low speed and stuff ...

18. skullpr

lmao...bambam i love ur response to my post...i only posted that to see what other members would say (not that u dont need to be careful driving) i know it sounds pretty upsetting, but i just wanted to see some feedback on the comment i made...fucking safety program!!haha thats some funny shit right there...lol

Off topic- is it just me or are you guys missing your smilies among other things?? i went back to using the prodark theme, has anyone else using said theme seen any diff??

19. zafoam

zafoam Active Member

overinflate the rear tires if you are trying to have fun in the car out in a parking lot it helps the butt spin around. :D

20. Ron Thompson

Ron Thompson Member

Regarding the weight reduction tip you gain 1 horse power every 7 pounds you take out of your car.