Could a CJ lancer be AWD?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BladeZero, Oct 23, 2009.

1. BladeZero

BladeZero Member

Hey Im the new guy here so forgive me if this has been discussed elsewhere, I searched and couldnt find it anywhere but I digress;

I know our cars share the same platform as the 2007+ Outlander as well as motor, tranny all that good stuff. Now the Outlander does come in AWD, so my tought is maybe finding a wrecked Outlander, ripping out the rear end as well as the tranny and making my 09 GTS AWD. Comments, Concerns, Gripes, or Shut downs appreciated.

2. ThunderOZ

ThunderOZ Well-Known Member

I say try it out and report your findings.

3. colt_racer

colt_racer Member

mitsubishi of japan does offer the base lancer in an awd. maybe our frame does have somewhere to mount the differential.

4. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Just to get it out of the way and to be that guy that says it..

if you want AWD, just buy an Evo or Ralliart. It's going to end up being cheaper in the end anyway.

5. BladeZero

BladeZero Member

You know I hear that comment everywhere but just to put it into perspective:

Im a family man on a family budget. As much as I would love to own a Ralli-art or an EVO, I would rather have a roof over my family's head. So being responsible I bought the Lancer that had a decent amount of umph for the price range I had set with plans to put money aside to do mods. Now Im not looking to make my car an EVO because I know it will never match its potential but I want something thats different. Sorry Im not trying to flame anyone but I just like to be more financially responsible.

6. vmo91

vmo91 Well-Known Member

Yes our lancers can be awd but you'd lose power on our stock engine!

7. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

And weigh about 400 pounds more. Its possible but the car would be down and out for a period of time. Unless you park it in the garage and make it your winter project.