Change of Heart?

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by stronz73, Feb 28, 2008.

1. stronz73

stronz73 Well-Known Member

Well after hearing my brother talk about how great the Mazdaspeed 3 sounds, and how it comes with a 2.3 turbo pumping out 263hp and 280lbs of torque, i just had to see what the fuss was all about.

So yesterday night i was chillen at home when my bro comes over. It just so happend to be that he had nothing to do either so we decided to head over to the Mazda dealer on beach blvd with my just washed wicked white gts. I was really not looking to trade my car for anything, but let me tell you after harrassing the sales guy i finally got to drive the Mazdaspeed 3, and ive got to be honest with all of you, the car drove so damn strong that it you can feel the torque pull you through the gears and also the whole front of the car popped a wheelie after i let go of the clutch and gave it gas. WoW! Also i wanna add that the interior of the car looks way better than the lancer or evo, nice bucket seats with mazdaspeed stiched in the seats. Very nice clean sporty look.

After the test drive i made my mind up that the Mitsu family and i must go our seperate ways, so i went ahead and tried to trade-in my lancer gts for the Mazdaspeed 3. Well after sending the sales person back and forth, they could only come up with 14,500 for my car. I only have 9,000 miles on it. But what made it impossible to get the amount of trade-in value that i wanted for my lancer was that there was the Huntington Beach Mitsu Dealer across the street that had 4 lancer gts used, and i guess they have had them for a while, so it made it real tough to get anymore money than that out of my car.

At the end of the night i drove off the lot with my Lancer gts and wow, the difference that i felt after driving that 6-speed turbo monster and then driving my car home, i almost lost all my motivation to upgrade my performance on my car completely. But i think that many of you have had this experience, where another car that is around the same price range ( 23,000 for the Mazdaspeed 3) almost made you get a Change of Heart. Well i guess if i cant have it i will just dream of it, while whispering "ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM".

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

One thing you must remember is that the MS3 is also a limited production, insurance is a kick in the nuts, warranty sucks, and thier interest rates blow.

I looked at buying one before the Lancer, but I looked at the "potential" of the Lancer vs. the MS3. I wanted something I could build, not one thats built for me.

3. stronz73

i know that the warranty is shit and all, but if the car is only going to run strong for 80,000 or 100,000 miles, im thinkin it will be a friggin blast to ride that car till it can no longer turn on. and i dont really know how much money i have to spend to make the lancer a beast or anything close to what the mazdaspeed 3 is, and for $23,000 its gonna be cheaper than upgrading the performance of our lancer to perform anything close to the mazdaspeed 3. im just saying that i really am bummed out about my car, and would like something that gives back a little more to me when i spend over $20,000 for a damn car.

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I am going to look the other way on this :evil: JK...When I drove it, it was quick but not what I was looking for. Guess, I was already used to my 2g and the mazda did not compare to it at all, butt that was me.

5. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

Actually interest rate is 1.9% at most Mazda dealers.

better then the 3.9% i'm paying now :roll:

6. stronz73

Yeah, i thought the IR was 1.9% too, but not on the mazdaspeed 3 or actually most of the cars. Thats also part of why im stuck with a fast sporty looking mini-van like performance car, the "Lancer". jk i still love this car, it just needs some work....oh and lots of $$$!!!

7. bras_33

/\ The 08 Lancer is "Rally-inspired"

[​IMG]

8. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

how can you compare a turbo charged car to one that isn't? A better comparison would be the Rally art to the Mazdaspeed 3...or maybe its just me

9. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

It really doesnt matter in the end when the driver is crappy.

Bras can back me up, I kicked a turbo mazda 6's ass last weekend :D

10. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

that's priceless, going from a 6cylinder turbo and bieng disappointed in a n/a 4banger.

11. bras_33

yeah boyeee, thats the truth ruth!!! I saw the whole damn thang!!!!

12. stronz73

Much props to ya Steve. I know i shouldnt compare the mazdaspeed 3 to our lancer, but im just saying that for around the same price as the lancer gts, i could of gotten a mazdaspeed 3 with 263hp and 280lbs of torque. Now does it make sense? :wink:

13. bras_33

it does, I agree but what about in case shit? you know, in case shit happens when you get into a collision.

14. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

They told me 10% on the MS3. Mitsubishi gave me 3%.