California Laws

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by EngRWW33, Feb 27, 2009.

Are you in favor of legalizing and taxing marijuana?

1. Yes, legalize and tax.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, still a criminal offense.

77.8%
  3. Not a big deal to me... so get off the subject.

22.2%
  1. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

2. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Well even if they legalize it would companies still be able to do drug test and fire people for it. That's why I got canned from my job, fucking drug test!

3. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Unless your company can specifically say your not allowed to, I dont think it will be a problem. But you wont be able to go to work f'd up thats for sure.

Keep in mind this is only for California.

4. EngRWW33

it's not going to happen for one reason:
    No decision maker is going to profit off of this bill, therefore why would they vote for it??? They won't

5. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

I agree thats its not very likely to happen. But who knows, maybe all the decision makers smoke pot themselves lol.

6. EngRWW33

if this is the case, one more thing we need to get over here on the East Coast!!!

7. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

The needs of the many (should) outweigh the needs of a few.

Cali needs money bad. We'll see what happens.

The herb guarantees money. Everyone (who smokes) would buy in-bulk, have it taxed. Then profit.

makes sense but we all know when politics are involved, anything can happen

8. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

It should be legal... it is no different then drinking and even safer then smoking cigs. State needs the money... I am extremelly pissed off I won't get my State Tax back this year and do you think I can charge them a intrest rate for being late? I mean if I owed the State money they would charge me an intrest rate...

I think it should be legal and would bring in money for the State but it won't happen anytime soon. Not only will it have to pass State laws but will also have to be passed by the Federal laws...