BillMeLater

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by spiderman671, Dec 15, 2007.

1. spiderman671

spiderman671 Guest

I will be placing an order on tirerack.com for my new Kosei tires & wheel set. I'm trying to save money for other parts, and I discovered BillMeLater.

I was reading into it and some people say it's pretty good way to pay.

Anyone tried using this, and what are your thoughts on this?

2. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Things to know about BillMeLater:

1) It is a program provided to smaller businesses/web based businesses to allow them a form of financing for consumers to purchase their goods.

2) It is owned and runned by Visa

3) The Good - generally can get 6 months or upwards of no interest on a purchase as long as you keep the monthly minimum payment.

4) The Bad - The one time I tried it, I found that they run a hard credit check on you (some people are wary of this both of checking their info as well as distributing it over the internet). This payment option is generally treated like a form or credit, so you usually have to be 18 or older to legally under law use this purchase method. Also, this means that those of us with less than perfect credit may get rejected and have to find another way to pay.

Bill

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

I know someone that had thier info stolen from the site and then the individual bought stuff through the site. Bad ju-ju.