anyone have motor mount tips?

Discussion in '7G Lancer and older - Performance' started by Georgia boy, Nov 15, 2010.

1. Georgia boy

Georgia boy New Member

2003 Lancer (not an Evo unfortunately). It needs front and rear mounts. I dont have a lift, but do have ramps. Just wondering how complex this might be because $500 for a mechanic to do it is not an option. Thanks

2. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I assume then engine is in the car and the current mounts are in bad condition. In that case just use the ramps. I hope you have a car jack and a cinder block or brick or something. You are going to need wheel chocks or something to put behind the rear tires to prevent the car from moving(safety first ya know). And a few friends always help. Its relatively simple just a bit of a pain.

Drive your car on to the wheel ramps. Put the wheels chocks or really big bricks behind the rear tires. Lift the engine with a hydraulic jack using the brick to lift it up (brick on jack part). And change mounts. Im not sure what tools are really needed though.

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

+1...also u may need an air chisel to remove the worn rubber from the old mounts. If you use polyurethane mounts, your car WILL vibrate then before but your motor wont move!!!