2009 Toyota Supra

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by delphium_, Feb 28, 2008.

1. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

Idk if this has been talked about or not just browsin around the net and found the new supra

Looks pretty lame, but thats just me

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks wayy too square and blehh, not my style

2. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

I like it actually...I like the second picture of the car and I LOVE them rims on the third pic

3. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

is that a hybrid badge on the last pic, LMFAO! freakin tree huggin hippies

4. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Umm...all these pics are of the new Lexus LF-A concept car that Lexus is considering production as a competitor to the Nissan GT-R and others like it. You can find the info here:

http://www.lexus.com/fcv/

Bill

5. delphium_

I see ALOT of toyota signs on that car..
    and after double checking the only one i see that looks identical to the LX- lf-a is the 2nd pic.

i just typed in 2009 toyota supra in google and thats what i got..

6. WildBill

The first, third, and fourth pictures were the original concept/prototype pictures released a while back. As Lexus is Toyota, the original markings for the concept would reflect the parent company. As time progressed and rumors swirled (we are talking over a few years), new spy shots and further information such as the second picture became the more "production-near" version. As it stands, LF-A concept/prototype is now the culmination of that work. Don't misunderstand, I would love to see the Supra return. As it stands, I now have several options to chose from come 2009 when I finally purchase a new car. My view is not just limited to the Lancer anymore. I am just saying, from what I have come across, these photos all seem to point towards a production Lexus supercar being built to give Toyota a way to fight Nissan's GT-R and equivalent cars there of. Here is hoping they are developing one as I can see liking a car like this as the production vehicles have a tendency in most cases to round off the harsher lines in the concepts. I like a more boxed, sharp lines in a car, not a rounded bubble of a car.

Bill

7. delphium_

I see..
    how much horsepower is it supposed to have? do you know?

8. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

it better be boosted!

9. WildBill

Ok...here's some more info I dug up from the bowels of internet hell...

Pictures 1, 3, and 4 are a current Toyota FT-HS which is a Hybrid Gas/Electic Super Car concept recently revealed by Toyota. Here is some info straight from Toyota's website:

The Spy shot pictures is of the Lexus LF-A concept being tested as a possible production coupe to be sold as a sportier alternative to the new IS-F preformance sedan coming out soon. Here is some info from the Lexus website about the LF-A:

Bill

10. delphium_

/\Good find

"Powertrain
    Engine: V10 (under 5.0 liters)
    Horsepower: More than 500
    Top Speed: Approximately 200 MPH "

ehh i was expecting more 8)

11. WildBill

*shrugs* Throw a couple of stickers on there and you get another 100 HP or something like that. If that doesn't work, throw some dual turbos and your should be golden

Bill

12. slipshft

slipshft Well-Known Member

When I was looking for a car, the toyota guys told me that a new supra was coming out (along with a twin turbo model), but the price tag was around $70K. I would love to see the TT model supra again, but not at the high price.

13. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

FT-HS IS the new Supra... there's still a debate of what the final product will be called... FT-HS is just the concept name... by the looks of it though, it might end up being the new Supra... and so, being called a Supra... supposed to be a 400 HP V8 Hybrid, 0-60 in 4 seconds and projected at $35k... too lazy to post my sources, just google it, u'll find exactly what i just told u

14. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Nothing will replace the MK4 imo.