2009 Lancer GTS Stock Radio Need Advice

Discussion in 'New Member Check In!' started by 4B12LancerGTS, Sep 2, 2008.

1. 4B12LancerGTS

4B12LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Hello LT Community Im new to the forums and a proud owner of a 2009 Lancer GTS. I've had the car about 4 months now and loving every moment in the car. But only one small problem I have, is the Radio. Ok I use to own a Yellow 2002 Lancer OZ Rally and I had a pretty good sound system in it. So basically to make a long story short. I want my subs back :( but i want to keep the stock radio since everything is wired to it (Ipod, Bluetooth, etc.) So i heard all i have to do is buy a Lineout converter so i can plug in a amp for the sub. So does anyone have any input in this?

Here is a product i found that seems what im looking for
    http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/ ... C4&tp=1276

Anyone please give me some advice :D

2. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

hey man, first of all, welcome to LT!! post pics when available...

ok, so to answer your question and i hate to bust your nuts, but theres really not too much room for saving the factory amp....and this is coming from a 09 GTS owner as well...(well that only depends on how far your taking the bass)...thing is that the factory amp is a piece of shit that delivers 650w max, feeding "9" speakers which is total BS because they count the rear speakers as 4 total just because their 2-way full range speakers...so you have your 2 tweeters, 2 midbass front speakers, 2 2-way full range rear speakers and finally the crappy 10" sub...(which to my surprise its a 75W max DVC @ 1ohm speaker)...totaling "9" speakers...

i added 2 10" RF P3Ss running off a RF P1000-1db and i cant wait to change the head unit and speakers...the bass of all three 10" subs is so strong now (obviously) that you cant appreciate the clarity in the voices....so, my suggestion is you think about what you want for bass and how heavy and from there part to if you need to change your head or not... good luck...Serious 08 cant hook you up on the heads if need be

3. 4B12LancerGTS

Thanks for the reply and thank you for the warm welcoming. I guess i was not being clear about what i wanted :p but ill try again.

I have the 09 Lancer GTS 5 Spd my car came bone dry stock which means only the cd player radio. (no sound or navi or sun package.)

So basically what im trying to say is i want to keep my stock head since it works with what the car came with (bluetooth etc) and install my own sub and amp. But since there is no RCA hook ups on the back of the head unit, i'm not able to install my amp. But with the product i listed above seems to be the solution for what im trying get accomplished.

So what i want help in and need help in is this:
    Stock Head Unit
    Aftermarket Sub and AMP
    What to do next?

4. DRAGONLANCER

DRAGONLANCER Active Member

5. ThE_BaRbEr

ThE_BaRbEr Well-Known Member

hey i just got 2 12' subs and a kenwood amp installed in my car a week ago and i have it hooked up to my stock radio too. my car is an 08 but im guessing its the same setup as yours. the guy told me all i needed was this thing called a hi-low converter to be able to run the amp to a stock radio w/o rca hookups. it cost me $30. works great. that was all i needed for mine.

6. 4B12LancerGTS

yea i just bought a LOC the other day i havent had a chance to actually install it (need wiring schematic but im getting that soon!) but i hope i can before work today!

7. nspunkrock

nspunkrock Member

The LOC is the way to go if you don't want to limit your choice of amplifiers. There are also amplifiers that include speaker-level inputs. I personally went with an alpine amp that had speaker level inputs. No complaints...