Your opinion on AEM Cold air intake?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by blackeyed, Sep 22, 2008.

1. blackeyed

blackeyed Well-Known Member

As subject says I am thinking to buy AEM cold air intake and wondering maybe some of you have it already? Please post some comments/ pictures, if you have it.

2. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

ive heard great things about the AEM (besides the cheapish look)
    i dont personally own it so i can say much, but i can say that you should consider injen also. i have that and love it andgot more than i paid for i believe.

3. blackeyed

yes I know but I am from Europe and AEM was what local dealer said they can get. As a plus for Injen is that it does not cover car battery section, it goes around it. As far as I have seen pictures for AEM it goes straight to wheel section above car battery and that is neg side for it. If I will need to change the battery I will have to remove the cold air before I get to battery...

4. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

that sux well good luck with that bro.

5. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

dude, it's not like you'll be changing your battery every week, if that's the case then the car has a problem,

6. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

not to mention the 2 minutes it takes to remove that part of the AEM will be nothing compard to changing your battery
    i ordered my AEM already but the iitial productio has been postponed for 3 more weeks
    so this dealer is lying to you because basically i have the first one on order
    and i dont have mine lol

7. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

Unless the guy in the other AEM post was joking it seems production has been postponed until further notice for the intake. You should give ACI a call to verify there haven't been any changes made to the production schedule.

8. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

3 weeks is the very very very best case scenario. sofia GTS did you get my PM?

9. blackeyed

Hi! OK clear, as soon as I get money I will order the thing so we will see what happens :) Maybe they will offer me K&N instead :D

10. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

Where can you order the aem and is it for the CVT or manual?

11. GTS_Rob

you cannot order the AEM

12. illdietrying

illdietrying Well-Known Member

i think as of now it's only for the manual

13. GTS_Rob

the AEM is not available at this time

14. GTS_Rob

all of you waiting for the AEM should know that the hold up is the CEL light, Fujita style

15. lordtygr

lordtygr Well-Known Member

cool... and by that i mean well at least we have an idea that it's still coming, and not neccessarily canceled. there's still hope.

16. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

AEM has been promising this since Jul 07.

17. SoflaGTS

SoflaGTS Well-Known Member

i bought an injen for the meantime lol

18. sordid

sordid Well-Known Member

I don't see how there could possibly be a difference between the two...
    besides CELs

19. GTS_Rob

i am done with AEM personally

20. jc

jc Well-Known Member

another sad CVT owner.