WTB--headlights, Evo muffler, etc.

Discussion in 'Want to Buy' started by lancer2quick, Jan 19, 2012.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

OK guys, I'm looking fo a set of 04-06 headlights (RA style) for my RA. I put in the projectors, and the light output was fine...but I hit a bird with the right one and it has spider cracks all in it. I'm just going to go back stock with my HID's.

Next, I'm looking for a OEM Evo muffler. I want to tone-down the car a bit without giving up too much power....and YES, I know the inlet on an Evo muffler is different from the ES, OZ, and RA....but I have a way that it will work just fine for what I want. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg on a used muffler, so Let me know if you have one or know someone that has one decently cheap.

There may be some other things that I might need soon, so I'll update if I think of anything else I need.....

2. 03 ES GUY

03 ES GUY Well-Known Member

just get a junk headlight from the junkyard take the plastic off and plastiweld it to the projector housing

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I was gonna suggest something similar like take the plastic from the old lancer one and put it on the projectors. Should fit fine.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

4. lancer2quick

I was thinking of that, but my OEM housings were yellowing, and no matter how much I tried to cut, buff, and re-clear them, they were still yellow. I also want to go back to my HID's...and the new lights have two H7 bulbs, instead of a single 9007.

5. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

I would def give you mine if you had an 02-03 lancer. I think i have a spare left one from my accident a few months ago.

6. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

Mine are yellowing a lot as well, and make my HIDs look kind of bad. I've been putting off getting projectors for a while, but lately I've been thinking about it a lot more.

7. lancer2quick

I love my projectors, but about a week after I threw them on...a bird hit the right one. It didn't fully break it, but the lens has a ton of spider cracks and the tab on the upper part of the core support snapped. Plus, I want my HID's back and dont really feel like ordering some H7 bulbs and rewiring them for my DDM kit made for the 9007