WORKS Springs and Sway-bar installed...

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by MickyOz, Jan 25, 2008.

1. MickyOz

MickyOz Well-Known Member

Ok here are some pics of my WORKS springs and sway-bar installed.

I also have the WORKS air-filter installed, but don't see much point in taking pics, all I can say there is a difference for sure, compared to stock!

I hope you all got broadband :D

Doing some more pics of the car itself tomorrow.

I haven't driven much yet, as I just got home from my friend's after we installed the sway-bar. I did the springs yesterday and they are great! Chucked it around a few corners around my area which I'm used to, and was definately more snappy and less body roll, than what was experienced before (please note my car is a DE)

Still to do a final alignment in another week, once springs have settled a bit.

In this pic you can see the springs and sway-bar installed, you can see from the pic, the sway-bar is set on the tight setting.
    [​IMG]

This pic compares the ES 18mm to the WORKS 22mm.... big difference, not just in looks, but when stood upright, the ES bar tends to give a bit, and you can slightly bend it on the 90 degree ends, WORKS is a lot stiffer.
    [​IMG]

Here you can see the ES has only one setting, WORKS has 2 settings.
    [​IMG]

Sway-bar with logo.... not an upgrade... just looks nice :D
    [​IMG]

This was one thing I liked about the WORKS bushings; compared to the crap Mitsu OEM. The bushings are better quality, and they have a nice snug fit around the circumference of the bar, the OEM wiggles noticeably.
    [​IMG]

Just another pic, of the springs and sway-bar from a bit more back
    [​IMG]

I can't comment entirely on the total package as a performance upgrade, as I've just installed them, but hope to write some notes on what I will experience soon, I'm not a car expert, so I can only write what I feel :D

A note for my fellow aussies:

The ride height of these will be legal (at least in VIC) clearance is 116mm, this was with 2 people sitting in the front. Legal height is 100mm in VIC.

All lancer ranges in Australia have a sway-bar (stabiliser-bar) so you can be confident, any sway-bar you purchase from the US, should be fine with regard to fittment in Australia.

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Very nice set up.

3. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Very nice. I see Whitline there in Australia coming out for some parts for you guys.

4. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

very nice!!!! now I need time to install mines

5. JDM FLOW

Someone is LAZY

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

/\not really, just have several things going on but mostly with projects at work!! :D

7. JDM FLOW

8. tikki

tikki Well-Known Member

micky, how does the works filter perform? is it worth getting?

9. JDM FLOW

Take pictures of whole your car so we can see the drop Mickey.

10. jazket

jazket Well-Known Member

Rather get the Short Ram filter from RRM !!! sounds badass!!!! :D

PS: Yes Please give us some pics, I have also been wanting these WORKS kit (without the filter though) but I still dont know how it'd look...

11. MickyOz

MickyOz Well-Known Member

Hey ppl... I've had pics here for a while...

http://lancertuners.com/modules.php?nam ... pic&t=2513

I think the filter is great, and worth it, if your not going to add a CAI or SRI.

You will feel the difference and hear it :D

FLOW you commented on my car already .... :p

12. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

i got the suspention package too. the handeling is great. the rear springs setteled fast the front have a little bit to go.

13. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

Looks so nice.
    Congrats!

14. delphium_

delphium_ Well-Known Member

I take it you got the works suspension package for $550 off their site?