WORKS Eco Brain Flash Eco - 2008 Lancer

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BlueBallLancer, Nov 17, 2008.

1. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried this reflash out?

seems like a good mod to me, not so sure about reliability in the long run though

2. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

if i were you i would get the p1 flash not the eco flash, eco flash is more like a set flash that you cant retune or cant change maps on.. spend the extra money and get the p1 flash, I think it runs for over 400 bucks... money well spent!

3. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

you can tune the works flash p1? how do you do that other sending it back to works

i'm not looking to pay premium gas unless i need to aka a turbo

Also, not so sure how you can retune the car to take premium, doesn't it require a different compression?

4. eTXlancer

eTXlancer Well-Known Member

i got the p1 flash its nice. they modify the maps not just throw something on there to trick it, so far no problems at all. a different compression would need premium(higher octane). the flash needs premium because of the spark timing advance, the reason is that the spark is started eariler in the stroke. as the piston comes up spark is started eariler, then as it reaches tdc(top dead center) or a lil before you have ignition. the chemistry is that octane is an actual thing, like butane or propane. octane is an eight chain molecule, so more octane equales reduced spontainous combustion.

5. trigger

trigger Member

What kinda gains were you looking at with the flash? I imagine you already had a sri or cai and a exhaust. Can you feel the difference? Better fuel mileage or seemingly more power?