will rpm race headers fit my PZEV lancer

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by thedutchmasternick, Sep 5, 2010.

1. okay so i have a 2010 lancer es 4b11 engine and i recently found out that it was a PZEV :\ and was considering purchasing the rpm 4-1 race headers but im not sure if they will fit now. pleasseee hellppp!!!@#@#$

2. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

RRM did make a PZEV header set to bypass the PZEV cat. however, i no longer see it on their site. you can ask them and see if they still have a few but there's no guarantee. if you did use a header setup like the FED spec RRM or DC SPORT, you will face the problem of running into a CEL code due to the absence of your cat. I've been looking into this issue myself but I'm more than likely going to be going with the DC SPORT headers and exhaust setup and say fvck the CEL.

3. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda Well-Known Member

im new to this. what exactly is the pzev?

4. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

PZEV stands for partial zero emissions vehicle. PZEV is required in a lot of states and it mainly based on California standards. For our vehicles we have two catalytic converters one of which is embedded into the headers

5. dirtylilhonda

dirtylilhonda Well-Known Member

so in the process of lowering emissions they basically slapped two cats on the car?

6. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

exactly

7. okay and will it matter if i blow a cell code? idc if i have to drive with the cell as long as everything fits right and works

8. Sinestra

Sinestra Well-Known Member

This PZEV issue has been the bane in the existence of many Lancer owners including myself. I agree with BlueDevilLancer DC sports FTW