will custom downpipe for lancer 2008 CELL on ?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by david1224, Mar 21, 2008.

1. david1224

david1224 Well-Known Member

i would like to custom one but how do i avoid the CEL ? thanks

2. lancered

lancered Well-Known Member

what are you talking about a custom downpipe?theres the exhaust manifold that then connects to the exhuast.what is it you talking about.

3. thetaxguy

thetaxguy Well-Known Member

Trial and error

4. david1224

i mean a down pipe that will straight to the axle back with out the Cat

5. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

no Cat? eh, who needs to pass emissions anyway...lol

6. lancered

your better off getting a high flow cat.youll be legal and you wont feel the difference between the H.F cat and a test pipe,its only like 1hp,maybe 2hp.youll be a big ass bee.especially if you are wanting the header and no resonators.thats what id do is take off the resonators,and keep the cat.but its up to you.

7. david1224

but by custom pipe u can make put the cat back on anytime? is that right ?

8. david1224

and by taking out the resonators will it really gain power and will it be too loud cause i already have greddy axle back on .?...but i guess if it's really gaining power by removing those then is ok to be loud... thanks for all guys help .

9. lancered

your best bet is find a good muffler shop.tell them what you want to do and theyll prolly do it.dont take my word on it.they might not even install it since you dont want the cat.idk

10. david1224

oh . i did ask a muffler shop already but the only problem is the CEL will go out . they asked me to find a chip that can keep the CEL off .is there anything like that ? cause i am a bit noob about those .thz

11. lancered

the resonators are there for the sound dampening.you take those off.your exhaust will be louder.id get a high flow cat and keep one resonator on cuz it might just be too loud.

12. david1224

sigh . but i can find a high flow cat that will fit lancer 08 ...... :cry:

13. lancered

a chip? never heard of it.they should be able to weld a bung on the exhaust for the 02 sensor.if they do it right,it wont come on.

14. david1224

oh really ? .cause i kind of get what they look for .kind of like RRM CEL Eliminator kind of thing ....

15. lancered

they are universal.magnaflow has them on ebay for a decent price.you can also find test pipes with the 02 sensor bung thing on it already to let you know.

16. lancered

ive never heard of that chip thingy ma jigger so i dont know anything about that,sry. :(

17. david1224

mmm ............i guess is little bit hard to upgrade the exhaust for lancer 08

18. lancered

nah,you just got to know what you are looking for,thats all.im getting a maganflow cat that has a 2.25" inlet and outlet and taking off 1 of the resonators.most likely the closest one to the old cat.and getting the rrm header.

19. david1224

yea......the reason why i wanna take the cat off if someone did it on a honda Fit and he took the cat out and replace it with a down pipe and then got those CEL chip and solved the CEL on problem with around 15 hp gain .

20. lancered

oh i see,well if you find that chip post it up on here.