whats the best tune

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by goof, Dec 22, 2008.

1. goof

goof Well-Known Member

im looking around a bunch of places and have found only a few tunes for the 08 L. which is the best do u think and which gives us the most hp and tq?

2. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Depends. Do you want a plug and play piggyback system that you can tune yourself everytime you get an upgrade and be safe from your warranty or do you want a computer reflash that when/if you ever take your car to the dealership will either reflash your ecu to stock (Goobye $400) or void your warranty and can only be retuned with upgrades by sending it back to the company?????

3. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

lol, SeRious08 you make it one sided like that lol.

4. cRc22

cRc22 Member

proven gains with a flash that will be reflashed if dealership ever reflashes it.. or splice your wires for no reason..??

5. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

^ now I wouldnt say for no reason, but the only way im getting that piggy is if I get the software along with it and get mine tuned for optimal results on my car.

6. goof

goof Well-Known Member

sooooooo where does that leave me? any suggestions of what i should do? lol i just want the most hp (dont we all)

7. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

Well the most hp with a tune would be taking your car (with the right piggy or chip) to a dyno and getting it custom tuned that way.  A couple of us have been discussing tuning here, http://lancertuners.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=73&t=5660 started of differently but its only like 9 posts so far so not to much to read.

8. goof

goof Well-Known Member

alrite so a piggy back, then dyno tune? that would be the smartest?

9. NJ08LancerGTS

NJ08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

i say if you dont have a turbo, you dont' need a tune, you are fine save up your money. I had the piggy and it sure as hell wasn't worth my 450+ dollars.

10. goof

goof Well-Known Member

what about the works tune? how is that? does anyone have it?

11. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

+1

There really is no sense in "Tuning" your car if there is nothing to force feed it... save your money and buy a turbo first....

12. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

I diffinetly agree with buying a turbo first, but since goof was asking about a tune I just gave my thoughts on a tune. I for one think they do help, worth the money for the power diffinetly not. The most power for money gain is probably nitrous but I would rather bolt on a turbo lol.

13. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

The piggyback is tuned for 87 octane, intake, exhaust, and pulley. With the I/E/P and piggyback, gains have been very noticable. With the header, you should show slightly even more.

Which brings me to a new issue. Certain members bash paying $450 for the piggyback claiming only minimum or very little performance gain yet sport the $450 header that only puts out maybe 3 whp. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: