Whats next?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by BigSteve, Nov 17, 2007.

1. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

Ok.. so ive kinda hit a dead end here.. I got the RRM SRI,Pulley and I got a custom cat back exhaust... what next? I cant do headers or a full cat back because im getting a turbo... i cant do pistons,cams because its not out yet... I was thinking of doing lots of suspension stuff till more after market parts come out.. like all the front/rear strut bars.. and the lower tie bars.. I was thinking of lowering it too... getting my windows tinted.. and maybe a RRM CF hood... but whats next Engine wise? ECU? I want a turbo... BAD!

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

steve everyone wants a turbo!

what i would do next is paint your brake calipers, get your windows tinted, then suspension and then you could do stuff inside your car or you could also get new rims

what i'm going to do is get my windows tinted 20% , get a new dome light , side signal markers in white and then when x-mas rolls around get an exhaust with a lowering kit , hopefully tein once they come out and then wait for the TURBO!

3. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

yeah i'd say suspension.. although i have no idea if theres anything out for them yet. Should be able to find some adjustable shocks paired up with some lowering springs. The lancers are pretty high at stock hight probably because they are built on a 4wd platform. Probably be better to wait till some Tein's come out though, depends how hard you want to go.

Front and rear strut braces will help as well as a rear sway bar. Could spend some money upgrading the breaks if you are planing on a turbo later since you will need the extra stopping power. Just some better disks and some good quality break pads should be enough of an upgrade.

You could get a decent piggyback ECU like one of the Greddy or Apexi ones which are suitable for a turbo.. just have to re-tune it again once the turbo is in.

The CF hood wouldnt be bad either.. the car is pretty heavy so every weight saving helps.

Basically what you had were all good ideas. I'd probably go suspension first if the parts are available because a good settup paired with some low profile tyres can make a huge difference to the way they car handles. Would recommend getting adjustable shocks though because everyone drives differently.

Could get some other light weight engine parts to go with that pulley like a light weight flywheel if your in a manual, should help it rev better and if you get a decent one it will pave the way for a decent clutch when it comes turbo time. Could also get some lightened and adjustable cam gears if or when they are available. All that sort of stuff will make it rev easier.