What not to do with a siezed lug...

Discussion in 'RallyCross, AutoCross, Motorsports' started by lancer2quick, Jul 31, 2010.

1. lancer2quick

lancer2quick Well-Known Member

OK...Long story short. Fellow member of SCCA here in my area had a lug bolt sieze after a hard day of AutoX. The lug key snapped off in the lug, so he tried to tap it, EZ out, drill the lug out, bassically everything. No Shop in town was able to get it off...even after welding an extension to it. So, here's the final result.......

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cliffs: I broke the key in the lug... Than broke a tap in the key ( tap =titanium) ... used all drill bits, easy outs.. nada.. worked.. soooo
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    ^ type of lug I had
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It got really dark out...
    [​IMG]

Life lesson....Always use anti-sieze on the threads of aftermarket lugs. The bottom of the lug...or "hat"...is what holds the torque to secure the wheel....never lube the lug hat...only the threads....

BTW....we had many LOLz out of watching him do this......so many.....

2. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

I saw this a while back. Made me think of how dumb people can be. Actually, I was just telling my friend about this last night. Lol.

3. Jogenmaru

Jogenmaru Well-Known Member

wow.....debating on aftermarket 16's. Makes me turn the other way. I know I'd be stupid enough to forget something important like so.....damn

4. lancer2quick

Yeah, I saw this a little bit ago...I saw just the pics, and thought it looked like someone's car I know. I was on the ALSCCA forums last night, and turned out that it was a member from Alabama.

5. 1slowlance

1slowlance Well-Known Member

6. lancer2quick

hahaha....bored much??

7. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

OUCH!!!! that just fucking sucks...i would be peeing on myself, laughing and dying on the floort as well...Great job with the sawzall