What needs to be done?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by NamorA, Oct 4, 2008.

1. NamorA

NamorA Member

ok I am very new to the whole world of cars i traded my Jeep Wrangler for this car because of gas mileage and the Jeep world and the Tuner world are crazy different.

so what i want to know is what can i do to my lancer to make it even faster and to make it so i can drive it hard with little to no worry

can anyone recommend any websites that would sell performance parts?
    what brands and what kinds of performance parts would be helpful too.

2. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

Well you said you traded your jeep to get the lancer for better gas mileage.. yet you wanna mod it and drive it hard to waste more gas? :p

But if you wanna make OK power start off with your bolt ons, intake, header, exhaust, pulleys ect ect.. then yu get get carbon fiber crazy with a hood,trunk, and wind splitter.. I have lowering springs,pulley, and intake for sale for about half of what you would pay for new. good luck! post pics soon.

If you wanna make DECENT power get a turbo kit, its expensive but its all up to you on how far you wanna go with making power. The lancer runs on regular gas but if your turbo it you MUST run it on premium. again, good luck!

Steve-

3. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

I went from an 04 wrangler to a gts. best economic decision I have ever made. 16 mpg avg -> 27 mpg. both modified and still it works out better. Even when I punch it i get at least 20 mpg. correct me if i'm wrong

The offroading world is somewhat diff when people want to lift their jeep, here they want lower that ish. Instead of brush guards, showroom swaps. same concepts tho, intake exhaust supercharge ecu turbo wheels.

But I would stick with bolt ons for our car, turbo definitely requires alot more mods than just a turbo, since its not a factory turbo..reliability is an issue. CVT was not meant for high torque - wikipedia that bish

4. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

oh no... not another one of this threads again...

someone didnt do their homework... research is the key to success...

5. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

you could get headers, a strait pipe exhaust, rims will help to lighten your car, works now has a ECU reflash which soposidly adds about 19hp but if u get this you must use premium. if you want stellar handling you could get coil overs instead of just springs so you can adjust your drop when ever you feel and get even lower then spings. idk most things have been said already so ill stop there

6. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

^^ no

if you get headers and straight pipes you are going to hurt your performance...

if this thread is going to prevail (to be added to the other 27 threads about this) please keep the ricer/non-helping "mods" out of here.

if you want to be psychologically faster, get an intake, exhausts DESIGNED FOR THE CAR, and you loose 50 pounds.

If you want more than that (which would add a wonderful 6.2whp), then you have to go with the turbo kit, which would put you right in the stock realm of a mazdaspeed 3, srt4, and wrx (not STI).

If you dont wanna spend the ~$7,000 in a turbo kit to actually make a difference in your performance, and you still wanna go faster, you should have done research.. you would have found out that our car is slow.

BTW this has been covered about 27 times in the forums... the search button is working fine (as of Oct 5, 2008 at 1:25pm EST)

7. NamorA

NamorA Member

ok so what intakes/exaust systems do you guys recommend?

8. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Injen CAI.

9. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

^ +1 on the Injen, maybe even AEM
    I personally have the RRM axle back which I like but that is purely my opinion

10. NamorA

NamorA Member

will headers do anything for my HP?

what else is there to do?

so far i undestand i need CAI, Exhaust, Headers, Turbo (with other turbo mods), and tires&rims.

where can i find ralliart kits?

jesus this is going to take a while :?

11. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what a ralliart kit is... black front w/ chrome lining???
    performance wise the list right now as I understand it is:
    intake, exhaust, pully, headers, ECU flash, turbo (if this is the route you are looking for), and.... racing stripes :D
    RRM has dynos that claim 8hp gain with headers... more if you're PZEV

12. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

There is a vendor list on this site. You may want to check that first.

13. malblast

malblast Active Member

what all do have. Im in the market