WHAT DO I DO!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by adrian86, Jan 26, 2008.

1. adrian86

adrian86 Member

I have a 08 ww gts lancer right now about 10k miles on it, I love my car except for the fact that my dog can out run it, I really want to trade it in for either a evo x or ralliart im gonna become a poker dealer soon so i will be able to afford a bigger monthly payment. I kinda want the ralliart cause its also four wheel drive like the x and its also turbo only missing like what 60 hp from the x i dont wanna pay 10k more for 60 hp, its that about the only diff between the x and the ralliart? Are any of you guys having this same problem not sure which to get or is it just me? let me know guys :roll:

2. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

and how is this mitsu news? lol

for your question.. thats a problem that a lot of us are facing... and from a lancer forum, you will get everybody telling to get the RA or X.... you have to do research and think what will be better for you....

read my sig :lol:

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

For me, I will be trying to get the RA. Only if th 5speed is available. I see your point, thats why I choose the RA, I will be upgrading so the extra 10k saved will go to perf parts.

4. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

Hate to tell ya this Bras but Mitsu has already decided that for this model year (i.e. 2008/2009) the RA will only have the dual clutch auto.

Bill

5. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

TO ME, its kinda pointless to have and A/T for the Lancer RA...if thats the case then I would stick to my GTS for being a 5speed or the evo for having a 5speed option...i was really looking forward for the RA...

6. cyrus

cyrus Member

just out of curiousity, has anyone here actually driven a car with a Dual-Clutch gearbox?? don't knock em til u tried em.

7. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

they did that for less boost lag I believe..

8. cyrus

cyrus Member

yeah one advantage of the dual-clutch tranny is there is pretty much no loss of turbo lag. its because the changes are so quick and the revs don't get much chance to drop. also theres no torque converter like in conventional automatics so that stops a lot of the lag when accelerating like in conventional autos.

9. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

yup laggless but takes the fun outta shiftin lol