Went to Irwindale dragsrtip for 1/8th of a mile me vs. evoX

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by Nosboy, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Nosboy

Nosboy Member

I have the basic lancer gts. At the race event there were allot of chevys, fords, pontiacs, and just all domestic cars. My luck I get to race with an EVO. It was a lancer evo x 08. Well we all know what happened so here is the time. Plus you get to see wat an lancer can go. This was my first run on my second run i did 11.082. I think if i started better i might of gotten to 10.5 but i didnt have time to go again since it took me 1 hour to do a run. There was a huge line. I have a vid but it kind of suxs so if any one wana see me getting beet by the evo i can put it up.

[​IMG]

2. Nosboy

Nosboy Member

3. Slickghost

Slickghost Well-Known Member

With a couple of mods.. you should be able to bring that down a little bit. Good luck next time.

4. Nosboy

Nosboy Member

thx but if i only had the money

5. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

Re: Went to Irwindale dragsrtip for 1/8th of a mile me vs. e

11.082... that deffinetly wasn't stock was it? what do u have in ur car? m/t?

btw, let me help u out there w/ ur images... u have to do
    Code:
    [img]link to picture[/img]
    *edit* nvm, 1/8 time... guess u woulda got smoked on 1/4 :p

[​IMG]

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

NOSboy, how u been ?!?!?!?!

pretty good reaction time but damn, the 60ft...the X did no better

7. Nosboy

Nosboy Member

I have been good thx fo asking. How about your self? There was one more EVO X and it had about the same time. But it was just fun being out there and actually legaly racing with guys who run about 6.7 which i had to race against. It was a super mustang(thats what i call it) vs lancer(me). :D

Also did any one have any 1/8th mile slips that I can compare to? I just wana see how much of an improvement I have to do with my crazy driving skills? I really coundt find any 1/8th of a mile slips in this form.

8. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

u won't even find 1/4 mile time slips :(

9. bras_33

Thats one thing about Irwindale, even Fontana...the long wait to run again

10. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

NOSBoy what do you have done to your 08 lancer gts cause that's some 1/8 mile right there that I'd love to get.

11. Nosboy

Nosboy Member

ohm my car is super stock.

12. bras_33

/\ when are you going again? I will have my car back in about 2 weeks so let me know when you again.

13. lancer08guy

lancer08guy Well-Known Member

11s in a 1/8 mile is pretty slow actually..my pops bike runs a 11s in the quarter mile..when it coms to driving it depends on the driver not the car itself..so not tryin to diss anyone

14. Nosboy

Nosboy Member

so you think our lancer could go faster?? Cause I raced against the evo X and he won by 2 seconds. He has 300HP i have not even half of it. I dont think think its slow. You can go had prove me wrong, i would be really happy since I would learned that our cars have so much more potential.
    also like to point out the number 11 sec is not slow for our cars its actually perty good. Getting 11 seconds in 1/8 of a miles in an 2.0L that makes like 145hp is perty good. I think some one could take it to 10.5 but i think thats were really good drivers could do.
    Also i like how u said "when it coms to driving it depends on the driver not the car itself". You shouldnt say bad things if you dont have data to back it up with.