Well, its time to go psshh with RRM i think

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by grizbone, Feb 5, 2010.

1. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

I went back as forth on keeping my car, but my soft spot for it has gotten the best of me. So Im keeping my 2008 lancer ES 5-speed, bought a twm short shifter, tsudo a/b and an actual evo x hood of ebay (seller had an apex silver evo and had bought a carbon fiber hood), next is the coil overs and....

RRM Turbo.

Probably place the order this weekend.

Anyway, the reason for the post, I know there are a few guys that have the kit. How are you feelin about it still, everything still good, I know there are always concerns with turboing an NA car, but have there been any major hiccups/issues since installation? I dont plan on turning up the boost at all, unless down the road I build an engine to swap in ( or more likely have one built as I haven't done one in a while).

Also did any of you do the install yourselves? If so, how was the piggy back installation/where does it run the oil line for the turbo?

Any input, heads up, advice, stories are appreciated.

I'll make a progess thread once I start receiving/ installing parts. But wanted to get this info first before I part with 4500...

In the end, if you had to make the choice again would you still buy the turbo? Would you recommend it?

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

First, good luck doing the turbo. its a bit pricey but worth the end result. It would very tough to turn up the boost bcuz when that one rustang barely beats you by a cuntt hair, you will want to turn it up and make that person yo' 8itch!!!

3. eva09

eva09 Well-Known Member

good choice sticking with the lancer and post pics when its all said and done!

4. grizbone

grizbone Well-Known Member

Well, my mouse clicking finger got the best of me. Turbo kit has been purchased.....

Things should get interesting from here on out.

5. HiPowerMtrsprts

HiPowerMtrsprts Well-Known Member

Good luck with the build! let us know if you need an any other parts, we'd love to help you out in saving some money :D