wax on! wax off!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by blk_out_gts, Apr 18, 2008.

1. blk_out_gts

blk_out_gts Well-Known Member

so what does everyone use for wax and detailing stuff or does anyone in so cal know of a really good detailer? i need advice on what soap to use and whatnot! help me out!

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

a friend of mine does detailing. Although I do not know what he will charge you.

3. Sollis

Sollis Active Member

I'd also be interested in this as my car gets dirty since there's construction going on around my work.

4. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

PM kru he has a buddy that does detailing here in so cal but i have no clue what he would charge.

5. Geaux

Geaux Well-Known Member

Sorry to get a tad off topic, but I noticed spiderweb swirls all over my car the other day in the sun. I'm hella careful in washing it too, using the two bucket method and microfiber glove :(

I gotta do some research to fix em, but it aggravates me, but I'm sure no one really notices but me haha

6. CLEANrideGTS

CLEANrideGTS Well-Known Member

The only way to get those spider swirls out is to use a buffer. just be careful to not burn the clear coat or the paint. it will take the scratches out

7. Geaux

Geaux Well-Known Member

Yeah no buffer for me lol, I've seen it go wrong TOO many times.

8. Pocket

Pocket Well-Known Member

fyi if u wax it.. then dont use soap on the upkeep washed after just water and microfiber cloths.. the soap breaks down the wax

9. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

i tought only dish washing soap did that. or do the car soaps do it too?

10. blk_out_gts

if you can get me a number i dont really care its a black car and e veryone knows that if you let it get bad theres no fixing it!

but what are everyones personal ways of washing?

does anyone do there own detailing?

11. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

guys i've said it like 3 times on this forum... use Meguiar's three step process...

Paint Cleaner - Removes those swirls u get... (u don't need a buffer to take those out, use this it does wonders)

Polish - Gives ur car that AWSOME shine =)

Wax - Protects everything

get it, it's well worth the money, it think it's like $6 for each one of those... first u clean ur car w/ w/e soap u use... then use these 3

[​IMG]

12. CLEANrideGTS

CLEANrideGTS Well-Known Member

Dang!! Looks like Meguiar's should use you as a spokesperson haha. ill give it a shot

13. blk_out_gts

sounds good to me!im gonna try it.. ive been to a detail supply place and didnt get what i wanted...

14. Bryn1987

seriously though i fell in love w/ the product... my 98 civic was getting all beat up from dirt and me not having any time to clean it for like 5 months (my car is white btw) :(... the final straw was when i parked under some tree over night and idk wat those birds in that tree ate but my car was FULL of bird shit -_-... so i heard about the product and went out and bought it... used it and i was like... HOLY SHIT!!! my car looks like it got a new fkn paint job, it took off EVERYTHING... o_O... watch, u'll be as amazed as i was, especially if ur car is really dirty, it'll end up looking like it came right out of the dealership :)... btw, stay away from ur trimming (like ur plastics) when using the product since it's not made for that, and will end up leaving like a white residue.. i still haven't found a nice product for the trimming.. at least not for my car, i need something that'll restore it since my car is 10 years old

15. Payload

Payload Well-Known Member

used the same stuff the other day, does a great job. The paint is super shiney and so smooth to touch.

But something im not sure about is how often i should be using the wax to keep the paint protected? every couple months or what?

16. Bryn1987

u can never wax ur car too much (as far as i've been told)... but it's good to wax ur car every or every other time u wash ur car which should be about every other week... someone might wanna confirm that though =)

17. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Mequiers all the way.

18. I use Meguirs Gold Class Carnauba Wax...Liguid not paste....I have waxed my car 8 times and I have owned it for 9 months...No Swirl Marks...Shine is beautiful as always...Product is very easy to put on and take off....I am about to buy that ZAINO product online....will post review after I try it

19. Bayurea

Bayurea Well-Known Member

i detail my own car, first was with ICE brand carwash, then i clay it mothers clay bar, then i wax it with ice brand liquwid wax. looks n feels like a brand new car.

20. Bryn1987

don't use ice, it leaves a lot of swirls from the reviews i've read... just thought i'd throw that in there...