warranty

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by wsquare, Dec 13, 2007.

1. wsquare

wsquare Member

Hey sup guys, I'm planning on installing either a CAI or SRI but that's gonna end my warranty rite? cuz i really want the warranty but i guess i can always take off the intake at anytime?

2. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

My dealer said they let intakes/exhaust off the hook because its such a small thing so it wont void my warrenty. But id say check with ur place.

3. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

Again, legally they cant void your warranty unless they can prove that part caused the problem.

4. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Correct. Beisdes an intake takes about 20-30 minutes tops to install/remove. Keep you stock stuff and if you ever have to take it in, just swap it out.

5. RedStar

RedStar Well-Known Member

Thats exactly what I will be doing. I know those assholes at the dealerships will find any way to find an issue thats on your side so that they dont have to pay for it.

6. Conduct

Conduct Well-Known Member

So since I intalled the piggyback does that void all warranty then? or whats the deal on that?

7. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

piggy back voids warranty.. the crank pulley does not.. but if you hook the piggy back up a certain way u can remove it and now have any probs.. there was someone on here that took their car in for service and they saw the piggy back and they didnt say it was a prob..

8. Funk_Docta

Funk_Docta Member

http://www.lancertuners.com/modules.php ... ght=pulley

Are you sure a crank pulley does not void your warranty? In the above thread, it looks like the owners belt came loose from the pulley. If this were to happen and you took it into the dealership, wouldn't they refuse to honour the warranty if you have the RRM pulley installed?

The manual clearly says that if an aftermarket part causes a problem then its not covered by the warranty. The pulley may not have caused the problem in this case, but I don't think thats the same opinion the dealer will take.

9. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

I would replace the pulley with the stock one and give it to them. That way it appears as the belt came loose or broke and they will fix it. Again, that's the advantage to being able to switch out parts.

Bill

10. Guest

Guest Guest

guys it so simple. dont make this into a huge drawn out topic again. This has been discussed numerous times.

if u add anything to ur car, a deal/manufactor will not cover that part that u added, but by law they are requiered to still cover the rest of your car.

Now if the part(s) u add caused failure to the rest of the o.e stuff or car in general, then YES the dealer/manufacture has the right not to cover what has been damaged do to the part that u connect dirrectly to it.

So if u had a pulley put on and the belt came off and ur engine took a dump, well u best hope the shop that installed ur pulley has insurance and is willing to cover what has happened. Because its their fault the belt and pulley were not installed properly not the dealer/manufacture.

U need to understand who is at fault.

11. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

^ +1 well said