WARNING POSSIBLE VIRUS ATTACK FOR APRIL

Discussion in 'Way Out There...' started by RALLIART, Mar 28, 2009.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

2. Pickasso

Pickasso Well-Known Member

april fool`s day :))

3. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Just to let you know this is a lagit threat. If possible turn you PC off for April 1st. This virus is very hard to detect if you dont have the correct software. My suggestion is Nortan Antivirus and firewall.

4. skullpr

skullpr Well-Known Member

thanks for posting this jake...hope it serves our members out, i used the free scan they offer in the link, also running avast! on my pc, regardless the antivirus your using, make sure you have the latest updates for it...remember theres only a few days left for this!!

5. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

this is why i love my mac =]

6. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

I don't have any protection software lol or a firewell... woo go me and Vista!

7. Prophet

Prophet Well-Known Member

The conficker virus is no joke guys... it has been all over the tech news for awile and even Microsoft has a $250,000 reward for the author's. It can even be transmitted thru USB devices...

8. skullpr

^^yup the bounty is damn true...and thats a shit load of money, at least in my eyes...

9. Pickasso

250.000 ? :))) damn .. if this virus would have appeared like .. 2 years ago .. i could have find out what`s the trick about it .. :| now .. i`m kinda retired from that stuff :(:(

10. LuvMyLancer

So, where does said virus come from? Should I stay off the computer LOL

11. skullpr

see the link in the first post...it can come from anywhere...even a jump drive!! :|

12. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

idk 250,000 sounds like its some money to come out of retirement for. lol

13. Pickasso

yeah .. but it`s too late .. i don`t have the programs anymore or any roots :| i`m so fucking upset =)

14. skullpr

too late for what?? all who think the same can do this...

Download avast! Home Edition antivirus (FREE)..........here
    Check for the Latest Windows software update for your pc......here
    Get a free PC Safety Scan........here
    More information about how to protect yourself........here

15. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

i am scannign my pc right now with 4 diffrent scanners.. i also have a firewall... BUT i will unplug my pc fron the internet that day. Untill the next day.. you guys think thats smart.. totally unplugging your pc from the internet?

16. skullpr

i guess its ok...but then again it would be in vain....thing is, if you were to have the worm in your system and not be detected by any of your scanners, come the date its programmed to send the collected feedback to said hackers and not find an internet connection its just gonna keep looking for one until you plug it back up...then it would still go out....get my point??

17. Prophet

If someone wants in there going to get in no matter what you do... you are better safe gaurding yourself by always doing back ups at least monthly. Always scan over your bank statements. Change your passwords. And don't use the same passwords all the time. There really is only so much you can do...

18. Pickasso

that sucks cuz i have the same passwd for everything :))) but i`m allright .. i think this virus is a joke .

19. LuvMyLancer

^^ same here! I've used the same password for everything for years LOL. I have a really bad memory so I had to do it that way. I don't really have anything on my computer that they could steal? Lancer pictures??

20. Prophet

Naked booby pictures???