Universal Muffler?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by FF7DarkCloud, Oct 14, 2007.

1. FF7DarkCloud

FF7DarkCloud Well-Known Member

Hey guys i just had a question. Iv been looking at universal mufflers and almost all of them come with a 2.5 inch input, and i measured the piping on the lancer and its only 2 inches, is it possible to put a 2.5 input on the 2 inch piping??

2. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Yes. Any muffler shop can take care of it. Although I would take it to a not so popular shop. They usually do anything for exhaust.

3. FF7DarkCloud

alright thanks alot ^_^, can any shop basically do this?? like a pep boys or something liek that?

4. bras_33

My suggestion would be a no name muffler shop. Pep boys and shops like that are very expensive and usually "frown" on things that are maybe illegal.

5. FF7DarkCloud

alright cool, i should be buying the injen universal muffler tommarow when i get my check so when i get it installed ill post pics and a vid.

6. bras_33

^yeah boyeee, we like pics

7. Prettyboy

Prettyboy Well-Known Member

haha we like vids better though :lol:

8. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

i was thinking of getting a muffler but i want 1 thats quiet

any sugestions? perferably even quieter then the apexi ws and thats already pretty quiet

9. bras_33

^ there are several out there, you just have to research and find one thats appropriate for your taste. and PLEASE no honduh rice either, my $.02 :D

10. kinkbmxrydr

kinkbmxrydr Guest

try the apexi ws2, i really like the look of it. get that thing installed and let me know how it works

11. FF7DarkCloud

do you guys know how much it would be around to get it installed???

12. FetorHepaticus

FetorHepaticus Active Member

-------the RRM Axle Back is really decent and quiet which is a real trademark of Magnaflow....quiet in low rpms but it wails on higer revs. you'll easily notice a gain in power around 3rd to 5th gear which is the 08 lancer's strength--mid range pull. the angles on the pipings are not so drastic so back pressure is not an issue.
    i love this one coz i don't wanna attract attention. i do admire straight jdm style mufflers but i love the Magnaflow, perfect for the sleeper mobile.

no farts, just a deep non-throaty tune.

13. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

on this thread it says universal

not any RRM bull for the priu can basicly get good one [with welding required] for less then a 100...

14. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

PS RRM is not giving you a discount for posting this :D

15. azn_ghetto

azn_ghetto Well-Known Member

i was just wondering if there was 1 even quieter then that 1

cause from past experiences iv had a apexi ws and that 1 was pretty quiet but i was seeing if there was any even more quieter then that 1, from sound clips iv heard from the RRM 1 i think my ws was quieter, but i havnt put on the rrm 1 so i wouldnt know for sure

i want 1 that is almost stock, if is that even possible

16. 5th

5th Well-Known Member

you can do it with some welding but almost stock

have u seen our stock one

its a gas tank

17. mitsuman

mitsuman Guest

Flowmaster makes a 60 series for 4 and 6 cylinders. I'm thinking about one of these.

18. Killface

Killface Well-Known Member

How can you easily browse for albums or pictures uploaded by other users? It's got me quite confused :?

19. bras_33