Uneven tire wearing!

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Suspension' started by mikeike8, Feb 27, 2009.

1. mikeike8

mikeike8 Well-Known Member

ok so heres what happened... i thought it was gonna be a good day cuz i had just received my teins from blueballlancer (again thanks so much) so i go to try and install them and as im tryin to lift my car i look at my tire and see this... i only have a lil under 20K on my car and this is some serious wearing out!.. ive done rotations and all but havent done an alignment because this being a brand new car i thought i could wait a lil before i had to get that done... but none the less.. this is some serious wearing.. obviously ima put the fault on mitsu.. anyone else have this problem an how did u deal with it... o by the way i got a 08 GTS.. and all these pics are of my rear passenger side wheel... the front passenger side is pretty worn out too..but none of the driver side tires are bad at all?? thats whats confusing me lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Silver09GTS

Silver09GTS Well-Known Member

Dude that sucks, gonna check mine in the morning ..

3. mikeike8

planning on going to the dealer tomm morn or at the latest monday morn so well see what happens.. im pretty upset right now tho!!! :evil: :evil:

4. Silver09GTS

Yeah taking mine back on monday for the fourth time for the accident ...

5. mikeike8

man it better not take me no more than one visit... if i go in there and they start giving me any crap ima go off on them! i hate dealing with them!

6. Silver09GTS

I'm ONE bad comment from a Lawsuit.

Love The car, hate the stealership ...

7. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

well from what i see that you have stock dunlops on. those tires are crap! BUT just like you said only 20k on the car. yeah take it to a dealer. demand new tires, something other than dunlops

8. mikeike8

ya thats what i was gonna do.. i mean obviously everythings under warranty and the mods ive done have nothing to do with the alignment andi heard someone went in and got some pirellis.. but honestly ill take anythign than these horrible dunlops!!!

9. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

IF the tires are still in warranty, which i doubt they are... can remember specs. my dunlops were way way more bald than that at 14,000 so at least you have gotten that much out of them.

10. mikeike8

i thought they gave more than 20K warranty on tires... but i wouldn blame it on the tires. ima blame it on the poor alignment they gave me with the car...

11. BlueDevilLancer

BlueDevilLancer Well-Known Member

ok i was hanging out with a mod here not too long ago and we had this discussion. he had 20K miles on his car when he was at this point. i myself am only at 17K and may need new tires or just rotate them. either way, the lifespan on these tires are extremely short and there should be something done about this.

12. mikeike8

ya i could always rotate them but i had them rotated back in september... and ive always had a bad feeling with these tires... espeically since every time the temp goes below 35 degrees it displays a low tire pressure warning :(

13. Ico

Ico Well-Known Member

I just replaced my tires today because of this problem ( maxed them to 17.7k miles) . Unfortunately the payment for the tires came out of my pocket. I confronted the dealership about this issue and they said its the tires fault but said if its an alignment problem then they'll give me a free alignment. Needless to say the dealership didnt want to be blamed for this so they blamed it on the tire company, the tire company didnt want to be blamed so they blamed it on the alignment. My car right now is at the dealership and is waiting to be checked for alignment issues. I should have an answer by monday whether it is an alignment issue which i for sure know it is because 2 tire places said it was definately to blame. I'm just waiting to see if the dealership blames Eibach because of the springs, which the dealership had put on the car themselves.

Oh btw, i did fail to rotate my tires ( only rotated them once ) so I really can't blame the tire company, because i take responsibility for my mistake. That is why i bought my new tires. But since others have rotated and still have the same issue as me then it doesnt really make a difference. Now failing to rotate doesnt justify the crappy alignment.

14. Ico

Ico Well-Known Member

Here is what the dunlops looked like after their last breath, they will be missed :roll:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

my tires wore out on the inside though, not on the outside like yours. Maybe it was due to the springs as well.

15. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

damn dude...the same shit happen to me, my tires started getting uneven wear about 25k/m with rotation every oil change...dealer keep blaming it on the tire company since the aligment has no problem...

at 30k/m i got a brand new set of wheels, april of last year, with upgrade from 215 to 235, rotation-balancing-aligment every 3k/m for 12k/m, after the free alignment is over rotation & balancing every 7.5k/m...now my car is at 45k/m there is no sign of uneven wear even with the "pulling-to-the-left problem"...

my say is that the real problem is the tire...

16. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

holy SHEEET down to the steel ...umm camber kit should help mike

17. mikeike8

dang ico! i thought mine was bad!... but ive been thinkin and if i go in there tomm and they try to blame it anything but themselves ima take my car back and just get another rotation done and just drop my baby on the teins and use the camber kit so in theory everything should be fine... and if not ill go back and get a new set of tires... i just dont understand how they could be so dumb and put theses stupid tires on our cars... but u can mark my words that ima give em a hell of a fight... if anything ima go down swingin... of course in a nice way lol

18. olvhec

olvhec Well-Known Member

LOL, good luck man. But you know you dont have a camber kit for the rear, which is where my tires seem to need them the most since before I even dropped my car. Hope there is some kind of adjustment for when I go get aligned. I havent really noticed uneven wear yet though but I need to double check.

19. RedGalant2k1

RedGalant2k1 Well-Known Member

You expect more than 20k from a performance tire? Why?

20. vik2rius

vik2rius Well-Known Member

the dunlops that came with the 08 GTS are performance tires?? i didnt know that...i thought they were just regular tires that came with the car and nothing special...

when i had my accord i used to have nexem performance tires on 18s and they lasted me for about 40k and in some days at work drive about 100-200 miles a day maybe even more...