turbo

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by peter52389, Aug 13, 2009.

1. peter52389

peter52389 Active Member

want to get one but want it done right! any suggestions on where to get it installed, or should i mike the drive to RRM? I live in Boston ma :-(

2. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

whats your price range?

3. WhiteKnight10

WhiteKnight10 Member

bump. i want to know where to go too.

4. Mpitera

Mpitera Well-Known Member

I'm game as well...

5. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

I was just looking at Evolve's threads and he said it cost over 4k for the kit plus install.

6. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

buy the kit and find a reputable shop local to you and get it installed there. Or DIY... but in the end you will be paying $$$ for the install.

7. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Install really isn't that much unless the shop has to start making brackets or modifying the kit to fit. Which they shouldn't. Everything is included with the kit and I didn't have to modify anything. Most shops average is about $500-600 for install.

8. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

yea RRM is trying to charge me 850!for install...and they make the kit haha i thought it was kinda high... ima have to check out some other places i guess

9. SeRious08

$850 is a really great price. Think about what they are offering you. They will install the kit and make sure it runs perfect. This includes tuning it if needed. Most shops don't know how to tune a Split Second piggyback ecu. They would be lost, but RRM can do it all right there. They will know if its not running right and go in and adjust the tune for your car. Me, I had to deal with what was given to me.

10. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

You just said most shop is charging $500-$600 dollars for install.
    Always riding RRM. :roll:

11. SeRious08

Thats most shops WITHOUT tuning. RRM will make sure the tune is correct. Other shops won't :roll:

12. core-ix

core-ix New Member

Hello all,

I would like to ask if the RRM turbo package can be installed on my 2009 Lancer GS41 (1.8L engine) ? Turbo package states 2.0L. Should I wait for another package or curse the fact that in my country Mitsubishi sells only 1.5 and 1.8 Petrol Engines :)

Thank you.

13. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

is the 1.5 and 1.8 the volkswagon engines? if so ud have better luck posting on volkswagon forums

14. core-ix

core-ix New Member

As far as I know, only the Diesel engine (2.0 DI-D or something) is from VW. Can I check that somewhere ? Should I ask the dealer ? On the engine is written MIVEC, the documentation states MIVEC DOHC 1.8L engine. Also do you think it would be possible to replace the 1.8L engine with 2.0 from a crashed lancer for example ? :)

15. core-ix

core-ix New Member

16. enkrypter_DJ

enkrypter_DJ Well-Known Member

Id feel more confident with a VW motor in my car, these 4b11 claim to be good but we wont know for a few years now exactly how good they are, i dont like the fact that hyundai and chrysler helped develope the engine, they tend to use cheap bearings and seals.

17. EngRWW33

EngRWW33 Well-Known Member

The 4B11 is a very strong, well built engine. We do know that. Hyundai and Chrysler helped develop it, but that has nothing to do with the quality parts used. The companies together came up with the concept and then Mitsu made theirs specifically to their specs. Same w/ Hyundai and Chrysler. You cannot sit there and say that the genesis engine 4b11 and the mitsu 4b11 is the same. That is just crazy talk!