Turbo?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Talon_66, Jul 13, 2008.

1. Talon_66

Talon_66 Active Member

I own an X, and am upgrading my car.
    So I have ALL my oem equipment sitting around, piping, turbo, manifold, injectors and fuel pump.
    Now I know the lancer has the 4b11, how realistic would it be trying to use OEM X turbo parts to turbocharge a Lancer?

Im looking into selling everything, and just wonder if its worth it or not.

2. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Not worth it since the lancer would need to have an upgraded clutch , internals , manifold , pistons , etc....

3. Talon_66

Talon_66 Active Member

Im not talking a huge amount of boost, like 8psi.

4. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

I'm not an expert or anything, but from what I have read I would assume that if you are selling everything it is quite possible. There may be some concern on the internals of our, Lancers, cars cause of course the Evo is superior in that department.

And as much as Lancer owners want a turbo, I doubt you will have a problem selling the stock turbo off your car.

5. Talon_66

Talon_66 Active Member

I feel 8-10 psi would be relatively safe.
    I know the EVO motor is built for high boost.
    But generally I see 8-10 run on stock internals on a variety of vehicles.

6. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

I have boosted an engine that is not supposed to be turbo'd. I had a lot of failures before anything became successful. When everything was corrected, it was just a hassle and headache to keep it running. That was my experience with it, but of course everyone will have different outcomes. It would be nice to know the outcome of yours, if you decide to do it.

7. Milagro

Milagro Well-Known Member

I'm gonna agree with Azn. Our Evo's internals are built to hold 16-30 psi, but running 8-10 on the lancer should be okay.

8. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

personally i think it would be ok, now problem with ecu...

9. Talon_66

Talon_66 Active Member

nothing AEM FIC couldnt fix

10. lordayne

lordayne Well-Known Member

May I suggest that you hold on to your stock components. This is in the case that your after market stuff causes a problem. You could then switch all the stock stuff back on and not void your warrantee. That is just me though. Piece of mind is worth more than what you would get for them money wise. Good luck man.

11. Talon_66

Talon_66 Active Member

The dealership knows all about what Im doing. One of the employees has an evo X and trolls the boards. And goes out regularly to the Car meets.

12. lordayne

Ok, cool. Good luck, hope you can get what you want for those parts. Hope the car is good too. Was just trying to help you avoid issues in the future. Got any pics?

13. Talon_66

Talon_66 Active Member

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3009576

14. lordayne

Very nice man. Well on your way to being a total beast. lol. Good luck. Wish I could afford an Evo. :(