Turbo

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by slipshft, Jan 18, 2008.

1. slipshft

slipshft Well-Known Member

To beat a dead horse...

I am putting together a custom turbo setup, and am looking for new injectors. 275s big enough? or should I go larger.

Yes I know there is a wealth of information out there, and I have read much of it. Just wanted to stir up this forum a bit.

2. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

it all depends on how big are you going bro... you can even go with DSM injectors if you have a proper turbo/fuel system.................... and internals :D

3. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Go a$$ out to 750!!!!! :D 550 should do plenty!! ask Crypto from SpeedCorps.com

4. slipshft

slipshft Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info, yeah 550s should be good with what I was looking at. I have read crypto's threads on evom, interesting stuff.

I am looking at a custom 16G install.

5. bras_33

6. Guest

Guest Guest

550 ftw

7. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

Phil..I'm starting again, 650 ftw!

8. Guest

Guest Guest

650 for the flood

9. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

700 for blowing your engine up.

How's your day going along Phil?

10. MXlou

MXlou Well-Known Member

pshh yall are weak 850 FTMW!

11. bras_33

1000cc til you see god, then brake like hell!!!!!! I won!!!

12. Dukekid0987

Dukekid0987 Well-Known Member

lol and once you see god make sure he knows its not and Evo

13. UHateMy08

UHateMy08 Member

Just send your injectors to RC engineering, they can make your stock injectors into whatever you want. if your car is gonna be down for the install, might as well send the injectors out to get done. 450cc should be good enough for 14psi or below on a 16g.

14. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

that sounds like a perfect combo.. now i dont know if our car supports 14psi on custom internals....

but thats almost the stock set up of a DSM but with a t25 instead of a 16g... i think a t25 at 8psi with the 450s, and a walbro 190 and management (i love the aem ems) would be a safe stock setting for the 4b11.....

dont quote me on this tho, this is based on years of of research and dealing with DSMs, i am no one to tell you if this is the correct setting for your lancer, and i am not responsible if you try that and blow your engine or something

gotta save my butt there ya know :D

15. bf360

bf360 Well-Known Member

fyi the new evo x uses 650cc injectors

16. UHateMy08

UHateMy08 Member

i personally wouldn't go with a T-25 on a turbo kit, its has failed to hold boost to redline at anything passed 12. only good thing about it is it spools quick. i'd rather use a 16g preferably a twin stroll 12cm exhaust housing to help lower spool. 16g is a beast. proven to make up to 400crank hp. im sure no one is looking for more. if all you have to buy is one turbo its much better then having to buy more and more down the road. just my .02

17. Mitsu008

Mitsu008 Well-Known Member

18. Out of curiousity, where have you obtained your information regarding a T25 cannot sustain boost? There are a few GT25 turbochargers which have different characteristics. what T25 or GT25 are you talking about? On OEM style turbos found on such as a DSM with a T25 or a 4G63T say on a Evo III, sure you'd have a difference in flow and perofrmance characteristics. Not to start anything, just curious.

19. UHateMy08

UHateMy08 Member

well info came alot from research, Compressor Maps, and having own a T-25 while the T series turbo from Garrett is complete different then the GT series i can state that a T-25 can pump out enough for 250-60ish before its stop being efficient. i mean you could boost more pounds. but you wouldn't make more power, T-25 would also fall off because its basically being flowed to its max,But since my research has been done on Mitsu Housing T-25, i can't really speak for SR20 guys who are running T3 Exhaust housing, i would figure close to same results for them. though they do have a bigger Exhaust inlet. There Efficiency shouldnt see much difference, thats why most guys witch over to a bigger turbo, and GT series for spool time. The GT series off Garrett such as the GT25 witch is a little bigger and gets a little more power while hold quick spool around the same as a regular T-25 , so thats why you see alot of guys(SR20) switch over to a GT28 (don't confuse it with a T-28*) witch is way bigger, basically a GT30 wheel in a smaller compressor housing then a real GT30. you keep close to stock T-25 spool but can give way more boost and horsepower.

20. BlueGTS

BlueGTS Active Member

Go with a supercharger, some applications of up to 5psi dont even require an intercooler, and you don't need to fabricate an exhaust manifold.