?? turbo for the 4b12 2.4L engine ??

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by DRAGONLANCER, Jun 24, 2008.

1. DRAGONLANCER

DRAGONLANCER Active Member

i was wondering if any1 knows if they are making a turbo for the 4b12 2.4L engine in the 09 gts w/cvt trans ????

all im reading about is for the 08 4b11 2.0L

2. Texas Aggie

Texas Aggie Well-Known Member

not yet. I know Extremeboost just finished their turbo for the 2.0 and RRM has both CVT and manual turbo. They should be working on the 2.4 now...but you'll have to wait longer for the CVT. Manual first then CVT. Thing is the market for the 2.4 may be limited because the DE and ES 09's have a 2.0 and all of the 08's have 2.0

3. Bryn1987

Bryn1987 Well-Known Member

i'm pretty sure RRM said they will be working on the 2.4 after 2.0 CVT is done, so i'm sure they're working on it now...

4. DRAGONLANCER

i appreciate that news i needed to get the cvt just in case my wifes car broke down and was hoping to be able to make some good power and styling upgrades later

i dont know why the take off is so weak but after that its not too bad
    not a racer lol

thanks

5. oldskuboi

oldskuboi Well-Known Member

i think maybe its because our cars are so heavy :hiding:

6. DRAGONLANCER

heavy yes but not so much i believe its because it has 1st gear kinda weak ratio until the rpm gets higher hence no burn outs with the CVT

7. medic

medic Well-Known Member

Apparently i've read that RRM is waiting for a cvt guy to step up and offer their car as a mule. The 09 they have is a 5spd and not that i blame them but they don't want to have to buy a cvt just to test the turbo kit. If ur in their area u might give them a call and offer to let them try it on yours. I would but live in Chicago.

8. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

where are they located again?
    and is this true?

9. medic

medic Well-Known Member

Somewhere in cali. If I understood the post correctly yes they need a cvt to test and tune it on

10. BrianRRM

BrianRRM Well-Known Member

we have a turbo for the 2.4l lancer, our 2.4 l shop car has the turbo kit on it and it made 222whp.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. medic

medic Well-Known Member

Brian, did I read correctly that the shop car is the manual? What about us cvt guys that are married and couldn't get the 5spd? Got anything in the works for us yet?

12. BrianRRM

correct the shop car is manual.

once a guy steps for the CVT kit it will be ready, give us a call if your the guy, 1-562-906-0080

13. medic

medic Well-Known Member

I would love to be the guy but unfortunately my ride and I reside in the beautiful yet very cold city of Chicago. Its a little too far to drop the car off and just grab a ride home.

14. DRAGONLANCER

well its almost a year since i started this thread soooo--
    how about it RRM
    any updates on turbo for 4b12 cvt lancer ?

15. BrianRRM

we have a kit for the CVT 4b12..call to order 1-562-906-0080

16. medic

medic Well-Known Member

HP and torque numbers for the 2.4L cvt?