Turbo and fwd

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by Coop, Jun 16, 2009.

1. Coop

Coop Member

I was thinking about saving up and maybe getting a turbo and was wondering if it is worth it to get it on a fwd car or if i should save alot more money and just upgrade to a evolution?

2. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

If you could get the Evo, just get the Evo.

3. 2k8 ES

2k8 ES Well-Known Member

Ahmen. I'd definitely just get an evo instead of turbo.

4. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

If you save enough money go for an EVO.
    But I think the RA is very cheap in the US, so it´s not realy worth going for a turbo.
    One member here sold his lancer for 17k and got the RA for 23k.
    The turbo is about 4500$ + work, so it might be better to go for a Ralliart

5. papi2dmamis

papi2dmamis Well-Known Member

I said go for the RA, I've seen already mods been done on new RA such as aftermarket intakes and blow off valves, you can even transfer some of the aftermarket cosmetic parts from a regular Lancer to a RA. Turbo is from the factory so warranties won't be a problem, price is not that bad and for the cost of a turbo on a Lancer I think is better to upgrade to an RA. :drunken: :drunken:

6. vivimatsuk

vivimatsuk Well-Known Member

RA FTW! gettin a RA would be easier on the wallet, but if u got enough go for EVO

7. Coop

Coop Member

yeah but the RA is only in automatic and i want to drive a manual

8. BringDownTheSky

BringDownTheSky Well-Known Member

wowww, thats gay! no manual on a turbo car? I say you turbo the car you have. be original. the cheaper the trim is the lighter it is anyways. Ive seen a bone stock DE smoke a GTS and an ES.

9. vivimatsuk

if ur lancer is manual then go turbo. my apologies, i thought u had the CVT. but then again, the GSR are dropping. my dealer had one for 28,xxx. pretty sweet deal on an EVO :)

10. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

28k for an EVO.
    That sucks!!
    In Austria it´s about 50k

11. SeRious08

SeRious08 Well-Known Member

Also remember that insurance is higher for an RA and EVO. Be different and build your own turboed car. Don't get sucked into buying pre-built cars. The whole fun of this hobby is doing the work yourself.

12. vivimatsuk

very true Serious. i just said get RA cuz i have CVT, and turbo would suck on it. If you put a turbo in ur car u will get more props and respect on it rather than buying a turbo'd car

13. Keeeent

Keeeent Well-Known Member

Pre-built turbo on Evo > Built by yourself Lancer.

That's just me though.

Wouldn't really suck cause no boost lag for CVT.

14. LancerRA09

LancerRA09 Well-Known Member

Wait for the 2010 RA. Manual and TC-SST