Trade In Value???

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by NjGtSiN, Jan 21, 2008.

1. NjGtSiN

NjGtSiN Well-Known Member

Anyone know what the Trade in Value is on an 08 Lancer GTS w/S&S 5 sp....

2. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

It depends on how many miles are on it, and how good of shape it is still in.

3. NjGtSiN

It has 8,000 and looks brand new... ANy ideas would help.. Thanks

4. Homie

Homie Well-Known Member

If you are planning on trading in your lancer I'd invest in some lube cause they are going to pound you pretty good.

You'd be better off selling privately. Mitsubishi isn't stupid they know people are gonna want to trade in their cars for an evo and they will give you a shitty offer and you'll take it or you won't....either way they are getting their money.

5. NjGtSiN

Yeah I here that... Just wanted to see ball park how bad they are hurting on the trade...Hope to look around 17000

6. FinestGTS

FinestGTS Well-Known Member

im exspecting 15,000 for feb 09 when i trade it in, and lower and i will sell it privatly.

btw. i have a fully loaded 5speed GTS. And i should be around 20k miles feb09 so 15k trade it doesn't look to far fetched.

7. NjGtSiN

Selling it Private.. Im looking at 18000 or b/o... 15000 trade is crazy but I am sure that is what they are looking to give...

8. Subawho

Subawho Well-Known Member

Some of you are living in a dream world. The moment you drive a new car off the lot, it loses ~3000.

15,000 trade in with 20k miles is a good amount. Expecting 18000 is a dream. Spend another grand at most and you can buy one new off the lot.

9. midunn

midunn Well-Known Member

^^Exactly lets face it they're not in business to lose money and they really don't care what you think is a fare trade, it's about how much money they are going to make from it.

10. FinestGTS

if i was to try to sell localy i would say 16k fully loaded.

But im really hoping for a 5speed. im still prayin. but either way im goign to get it if not im goign to wait another year to save up some more and im getting the evo GSR Fully loaded.

When ever i get a car it has to be fully loaded lol its a bad habit :) but its what i want!!!!! lol

11. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

Has anyone tried to find the value at kelley blue book? or similar sites?

12. Subawho

None give an option for Year 2008 :x

13. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

i took mine to a couple of dealerships in the area.. i got a es m/t w/ 15000 miles ... and the best i got was 12 thousand. try carmax and see what they are getting. About a month or so ago they had 3 of them i think

14. Subawho

12 grand aint a bad offer for what you are listing you have

15. 08mitz

08mitz Well-Known Member

true... but when i paid 17 and some change for it ... and still owe 15 and some change .. its a lil discouraging when trying to trade it for anotherone... payments too high. lol :D

16. JDM FLOW

JDM FLOW Well-Known Member

What about WW GTS CVT 3,000 miles.

17. NjGtSiN

You will never get 18000 for the trade... Privately I might.. They are used in Jersey posted at dealers for over 20,000 which is a little crazy...

18. WildBill

WildBill Well-Known Member

And this is why I am so happy I was patient and waited 8)

Bill

19. FinestGTS

see i didn't want to wait cause gas pricing goign up plus my son growing faster i needed a eco 4dr car instead of my monster 4gen eclipse. But my lancer is just temp till my evo next year.

20. Whyteboi123

Whyteboi123 Member

I Have The Apex Silver Lancer GTS CVT Sun & Sound Package with Navigation and im lookin to trade mine in for the new lancer Ralli-Art. My Mileage now is 7,000 if i keep it under 10,000 Miles......What do you think i would get for my trade in?