Trade in 2.4 for ralliart ?

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by turnsheadz_247, Oct 11, 2008.

1. turnsheadz_247

turnsheadz_247 Active Member

I was just looking at a review for the ralliart and it was saying that it was a GTS on steriods. So will it just make more sense for me to just put a turbo on my 2.4 rather than trade it in to get the ralliart ?( of course the AWD will have a little advantage ) I'm trying to get 300 horses out of the 2.4 if possible. Looking for opinions.

2. GTS_Rob

GTS_Rob Well-Known Member

300hp and our engine would explode probably. get an RA and youl get 300 no prob

3. LuvMyLancer

LuvMyLancer Well-Known Member

The RA comes with 220hp sooo you could probably ease your way up to 300.

4. vanquish87

vanquish87 Well-Known Member

plus u get a warrenty w/ the RA... if u just put a turbo in ur gts no warrenty

5. GTS_Rob

235hp :D

6. LuvMyLancer

My bad, I stand corrected! :D

7. turnsheadz_247

turnsheadz_247 Active Member

i'm not really worried about the whole warrenty thing. I just hate doing the whole talking the price down and trade in deal with the dealership. Do you guys think if i changed the internals i can get 300 HP ?

8. GTS_Rob

with my luck, since i live in Cali il go get my RA and it will be PZEV with 220hp :cry: haha thank GOD they didnt pull some crap like that

9. LuvMyLancer

with my luck, since i live in Cali il go get my RA and it will be PZEV with 220hp :cry: haha thank GOD they didnt pull some crap like that[/quote:1qq1zn5p]

See, I was at Mitsu today and the manager there told me it was 220hp, which is where I got my # from.

10. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Actually the actual HP is 237

11. kingklay

kingklay Well-Known Member

if you want 300 hp trade up to evo. thats what i'll be doing after a couple of years when the prices drop.

12. hatfield44

hatfield44 New Member

I read (I think on edmunds) that the GTS has a higher skid pad rating than the ralliart??

13. DVHopeful

DVHopeful Well-Known Member

kinda doesnt surprise me about the skid pad. i think they carried over the same breaks onto the RA from the GTS, plus the ralliart is heavier.

14. hatfield44

hatfield44 New Member

Does anyone know if it is the same or comparable tires on both? I thought it was maybe just tire difference.

15. mezzedupdream

mezzedupdream Well-Known Member

skip pad rating is because of the tires. just switch them and your good to go.

16. roxygts

roxygts Member

How much does the Ralliart costs in the US?
    In Puerto Rico the price tag is $35,000. :?
    And no, I'm not kidding.

17. sordid

sordid Well-Known Member

In Canada, atleast, the base is $35000 and the premium is $39900

18. roxygts

roxygts Member

Thats too much. Anyway, the Ralliart is way overprice in any country.

19. TheGrub

TheGrub Active Member

you have to know that everything is overpriced here in Canada... even though we are right beside you guys in the US.

A Lancer GTS here is 23 000$ base price + 2700$ for Sun and sound + 3063$ for Navi !!!

35k is right on target for the WRX price match here !

Man do we get sc#$%@d

20. roxygts

roxygts Member

8O WOW!

At least in Puerto Rico, the GTS with sun and sound is $23,000, navi not included.