top ten best performance parts for 08 cvt

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by goof, Oct 10, 2008.

1. goof

goof Well-Known Member

i wanna know what you guys think are the top ten best performance parts for the 08 cvt lancer.

2. XxLaNcErGTSxX

XxLaNcErGTSxX Well-Known Member

Intake
    Exhaust
    Pully
    Headers
    Pully
    ECU Flash
    Turbo
    Change Internals

3. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

Intake
    pully
    Rear sway bar
    Better tires
    Springs
    Axle-back Exhaust
    Carbon Parts (hood/ trunk)

that's not 10 parts but these parts are proven

4. BigSteve

BigSteve Well-Known Member

ecu flash or piggy back

springs or coilovers

pulley

SRI or CAI

HIDs and Fogs

CF hood / wind splitter

Exhaust

test pipe

trans cooler

better tires

5. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

this is a pretty interesting thread. im kinda curious and i think it would be more helpful if the actual top 10 parts were more specific. some are obvious like ECU flash and the pully but for items with multiple manufacturers it think it would be better if instead of springs you said rrm G.R.I.P. or tein spring. idk just and idea to help out some of the newer members

6. Evolve

Evolve Well-Known Member

what's the point? Im not trying to push RRM parts on everyone. That's why i personally don't do it.

This car can USE lower springs, engine mods, and some stiff-suspension parts.

any car can use light-weight stuff and better tires too.

most of the "top ten" are general

7. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

This is not going to happen. brand specific top ten is just going to start a bs debate on BRAND vs BRAND, and that will get locked really fast...

As it is, people are recommending stuff like HIDs, fogs, and wind splitters for performance lmao... i cant even imagine a brand specific top ten.

My recommendations are:

Engine
    - CAI with hydroshield/pre-filter
    - Axle-back exhaust
    - Pulley
    Suspension
    - Coilovers
    - Anti Sway Bar
    - Front Strut Bar
    - Lower Tiebars
    - Lower Truss Bar
    Brakes
    -Big Brake Kit
    Weight Reduction
    - CF Hood
    - CF trunk
    - Loose Weight :D

Now all this mods are only going to make your car loud and a TAD bit less slow... Now with all that money that you would spend on that list, you could save it and buy the turbo kit... that will make a huge difference on your butt dyno, and it will put you right up with the spec of a stock factory boosted car of that range (like the mazdaspeed3, srt-4, cobalt ss, etc)

8. nickbutterz

nickbutterz Well-Known Member

lol. pretty truee

9. sordid

sordid Well-Known Member

I wouldn't blame Mitsu if they void your entire powertrain warranty because of it. While it may put you somewhere in the same league as the 205hp supercharged Cobalt SS, you'll still be left in the dust by the 2008 Cobalt SS with its turbocharged 260hp McNasty and no-lift upshift capability or the speed3's 263hp -- both of which are in the near 5.9 second 0-60 range. The 3 may be 3200lbs (just a bit more than us) but the SS is only a hair shy of 3000. That power to weight alone gives it the edge.

I'd love to be wrong but we need to see some verified 0-60, 0-100, and 1/4 mile times for the RRM Turbo in a 09 2.4L before comparisons are made against other FI cars. This car *should* be a contender, but it's too much of a kitten right now

wait
    how are lights performance items? or the faux vortex generators?

10. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

HIDs and Fogs as for performance parts?!?!?

8O . how many hp/tq will this produce?

its supposed to let better air flow and aerodynamics

11. Dr1fter

Dr1fter Well-Known Member

Those numbers you quote are to the crank...not wheel horsepower. They put down about the same power (220whp) as the RRM turbo'd lancer. So depending on the driver it should be very close (this assuming the aforementioned vehicles are stock lol)

12. sordid

sordid Well-Known Member

I am aware of the difference, but I made a mistake in the last post. I was supposed to refer to the 08 2.0L instead of the 09 2.4L, but I was thinking of my own car rather than the original poster's.

RRM states around 50% increase, so on a 08 CVT that the original poster is asking about parts for (even though you can't turbo the CVT at the moment), that makes out to be about 220hp to the crank or about 170-175hp at the wheels taking a ~20% loss through the belt. That would not hang with those other FI cars.

Aside from that, the 2009 2.4L they dyno'd produced 222whp, which is an interesting number and a 14% loss through the powertrain if it would make their quoted 50% increase number of 252hp. An impressive number from stock internals in an engine built to produce 168hp factory. The 09 should hang well with the Mazdaspeed3, and almost with the Cobalt (I'm still skeptical of the extra passenger + full meal weight that we're carrying around), but a shitty driver is a shitty driver, and a conquest is a conquest. Keep it off the streets though ;)

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

not even mentioning that the FI cars like the the MS3 and SS, with just an intake and exhaust, it has been proven to free about 30 ponies to the wheel! so as soon as the owners of those cars even think about modding their cars, they already smoke you... not to mention that mazda lets you modify your car (bolt ons) and keep your warranty ;)

14. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

best cvt part. 5 speed swap

15. Hydrolikz

Hydrolikz Well-Known Member

Ahhhhhh shaddduppppp!

16. bras_33

bras_33 Well-Known Member

+1

17. 96Blacksunshine

96Blacksunshine Well-Known Member

Anyone done this yet? I'm already tired of my weird shifting auto.

18. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

it won´t be so hard, a friend of me does it on an honda prelude.
    and it works great.

but you need to update the ecu with the software of the 5 speed

19. Redline1

Redline1 Well-Known Member

yea just need to find a totaled lancer with in-tak tranni

20. AeJarrotto

AeJarrotto Well-Known Member

just seems like a 5spd swap would not be cost effective, all the cutting, welding, and fabrication might and probably would cost more the trading it in, and possibly going for the 2.4L gts. But if anyone finds a usable transmission for cheap i say go for it :twisted: