to much resonance

Discussion in '8G Lancer - Performance' started by NJ08LancerGTS, Dec 22, 2008.

1. NJ08LancerGTS

NJ08LancerGTS Well-Known Member

Hey guys, i have the RRM headers and a Tsuedo N1 axleback. the exhaust tone sound fine but the interior resonance is just to much, it is shaking my interior loose! and when im crusing down the highway doing 70 which is above 3k rpm it just so ANNOYING! this started when i installed the headers, with just the exhaust it wasnt a issue.

What do you guys recommend me doing to help reduce or eliminate this Damn Resonance in the interior of my baby! Please help :!:

2. JDMhammer

JDMhammer Well-Known Member

Drive slower? jp... uh i got no idea buddy change the size of the pipes? (to the muffler that is)

3. jacob1bc

jacob1bc Well-Known Member

the same thing in my car. with just the exhaust it was all good, but exhaust+ header it vibrating everything and the noise it is loud and annoying. don't know of any easy fix. i would say dynomat the whole cab. other than that i don't know.

4. bambam

bambam Well-Known Member

sell me the headers lol

5. NJ08LancerGTS

i will be putting the stock exhaust back on tomorrow to see hwo that works out for now.

6. NJ08LancerGTS

i put the stock exhaust back on and im loving it!!! STOCK RULES!!!

Now only to remove that pully and im good :)

7. NJ08LancerGTS

btw the resonance and vibrating is now gone :)

8. lancertrips

lancertrips Well-Known Member

lol, I take it you are no longer a RRM supporter? Piggyback, header, and also the pully?

9. NJ08LancerGTS

thats what happens when you go through what i go through with their products, only have the headers on right now for alil longer.

10. goof

goof Well-Known Member

so rrm headers= good or bad with greddy ti-c? am i gonna have fallen parts in my car or is it going to be a nice tone and good response?

11. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

Every aftermarket exhaust will give you that rumble/resonance/annoyance...

I recently put my car all back to stock and it feels more powerfull lmao... bolt on mods for non boosted cars are just a waste of money... if you arent gonna build the engine you are not gonna feel shit from bolt on mods... this is a faCt, not opinion

12. goof

goof Well-Known Member

lol sh*t thanks ektor for all your help lol even though its sh*t i dont want to hear

13. eKtor

eKtor Well-Known Member

I meant faCt not fat lmao

you are welcome!

14. NJ08LancerGTS

yeah i felt a hugh difference put the stock beast exhaust back on, lot more tq and love it! next headers are going bye bye along with pully, i will only be keeping the cai and short shifter.

15. mpirklbauer

mpirklbauer Well-Known Member

Why do you remove the header?
    i thought you liked it??

16. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

from my understanding is when i put my rrm headers on the while exhaust shifter a little so my resonator was vibrating against my heat shields,,, i d have a custom headers back.. RRM headers are longer and they used more flexing..so therefore that caused your exhaust to vibrate

17. NJ08LancerGTS

i will be removing the headers, i am returning the car back to stock cause this car is just not worth moding only way to make it fast is to get a real turbo thats not worth 5grand and thats before installation. So might as well buy a evo or a ralliart. Me i decided to buy another bike and same alil more to get me a evo 8 or 9 on the side. This car will be stock and stay my daily commuter till i can teach my wifey how to drive stick then she can drive it if she makes the payments :)

18. ULIKEIT

ULIKEIT Member

That is cool... I can see going back to stock if your done with the car. But not if its because of something with rrm....this is my second time going there and they are pretty cool... I posted on another thread...the story alrdy not going to post it here again. but the evo 8-9's are so damm cheap right now blah... I should have thought about that before I got my car ^_^ o well

19. NJ08LancerGTS

i decided to keep my car the way it is for now, to much work to remove and install everything back BLAH!, plus its cold as hell and its coverd with snow outside so yeah not to great. So i will part later on when im up to all the work :)

20. BlueBallLancer

BlueBallLancer Well-Known Member

car doesn't have to be boosted to get a significant gain from a bolt on. m3's and shelby mustangs definitely have higher gains from say an equivalent intake. the gains are exponential