Tire Pressure warning

Discussion in '8G Lancer - General Information' started by RALLIART, Dec 4, 2007.

1. RALLIART

RALLIART Well-Known Member

So, i got in my lancer this morning, and i cranked it up, everything was fine. Got about .8 miles from the house and the tire pressure warning came on. I was like ok. So i stopped at the nearest gas station and put some more air in the tires, the drivers front side was the worst it had about 15lbs in it. So then i remembered that ever since june i didnt touch the tires and that it just probably went low on air. Which i hope thats the only case. So after i put more air in the tires. I started to drive. Only after another .8 mile the warning dissapeared. So i should be ok for now. When i get home i will check if there isnt any nails in the tire since only the drivers side was really low. The temperature was 37F over night. how many of you had something like this happen already.

2. eg6motion

eg6motion Well-Known Member

yep, cold air = lower pressure. Happened to me about two months back when the temps finally started to dip into the 20's at night

3. 08GTSlancer

08GTSlancer Member

ya its very common for tires to lose air pressure due to weather changing by taking the water out of the air (in the tire)... but if there arent any nails I would tighten the air sensor with a nut driver bc they can back off over time and cause the tire to let out air that way as well... or if that isnt and issue have a tire shop take the wheel off and place the tire in water to see if maybe its leaking around the beed/ between the wheel and tire itself or check for small cracks... just lil stuff like that.. wrk for discount tire for 4 yrs so just a lil info for ya...

4. RALLIART

thanks al lot guys, just never had a car with that type of warning installed...usually i check it by eye....thanx

5. Wasper

Wasper Well-Known Member

Yup.. normal stuff man.

My old car had a set of yokahama's on it, those tires would lose air as soon as the temp dropped. A little air pressure drop is normal, but It got so bad I went and bought a different set of tires and never had the problem again.

Lets just hope that the dunlops that came wit our cars dont react the same way.

6. 08GTSlancer

08GTSlancer Member

Naw our tires should react the same way yoko suck... those tires def like to give ppl problems that buy them well at least here in the dallas area haha...

7. RALLIART

oh ok awesome guys thanx for the help..

8. angryGTS

angryGTS Well-Known Member

yep most if not all tires do that in a temp drop

9. Lancer-Randy

Lancer-Randy Well-Known Member

Something simillar happend to me, but my valve stem broke and i need to buy a new sensor. this happend to me recently too. i have a standerd vavle stem so the light is still on for me